Sunday, February 10, 2013

E.L.O E.L.P. EEEEEEE

Electric Light Orchestra.. There I spelt it right.. Well I can honestly say I'm not  a huge fan of this band, however their hits can't be denied they were very catchy..  Here is Mr. Blue Sky..


Livin Thing.. Another hit, I'm not going to go deep track on this group. I don't know their music well enough to hit the album tracks..

Turn to Stone,   get it??  They all have the same kind of sound.. The songs have the same type of flare and appeal.. I don't mind the most of their bigger hits except for...

I include a less favorite song here because I know there are those who like this song.. I remember the swing choir trying to do this song when I was in high school and it was a tough sell because I thought then as I do now .. That this song sucks, but .. No I can honestly say I am not  fan of this tripe..

Don't Bring Me Down, this on the other hand is a good song.. Nice rocking ya'...


 WELCOME BACK, MY FRIENDS, TO THE SHOW THAN NEVER ENDS.. Emerson, Lake and Palmer.. As with progressive bands this track is long, Karn Evil 9 second half of part one with drum solo by Carl Palmer one of the premier drummers from that era.. 

One of their biggest hits  Lucky Man..  Greg Lake on lead vocals, and guitar.. 


Fanfare for The Common Man by E.L.P.  was the first song that I heard by these guys that turned me on to them.. In fact I'm not sure where I first heard them or why I got into them at all..   Strange to feel like there was no outside influence such as a brother telling me "you gotta hear this group" like other groups would be.. This was a complete going out on my own for this group..

The complete Pictures at An Exhibition.. I got this both from the greatest hits album (double tape) and then on their return of the manticorn box set.. They redid the song for the box set.. 

BH

No comments:

Post a Comment