Sunday, August 25, 2013

RHINO ROCK BOX disc 5

The British Invasion: Disc five is the box set The British Invasion   ...  sort of.. By the time I did this set I had extra songs from the other box sets so I put the extras on this disc as well as a few songs from this set, so this disc won't be well represented here.. Instead it will be the true four disc volume of The British Invasion..




 So what of this set??I remember when I bought it, sort of.. I know it was one of a very handful of discs that I bought in the second hand (used) bin at the record store.. I wasn't going to buy it but then thought I would.. It has a fair number of repeats from other sets, mostly The Kinks, but that couldn't be helped.. This set was also on the verge of going back to the used bin, a few times I was ready to take it back.. Mostly because of the number of duplicate songs on it, but then I decided to keep it.. This set itself is one of the earlier sets by Rhino records, on compact disc.. And again it has the feel of being one of those four volume sets that was later boxed for second life sales (like Frat Rock) but without the bonus disc.. So, here we go.. Some Brit rock..


She's not there by the Zombies..  What better way to start this entry..

I'm Gonna Love You by The Hullabaloos... 


Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying, by Gerry & The Pacemakers.. Cool a group who were into making devices to preserve life.. 

For Your Love by the Yardbirds.. 

Needles and Pins by The Searchers .. a song about the garment industry no doubt..

BH

No comments:

Post a Comment