Sunday, September 29, 2013

RHINO ROCK BOX disc 6 NO THANKS!

RHINO ROCK BOX disc 6 No Thanks! the 70's Punk Rebellion entry two.. 


The set as it would have appeared had I gotten it.. Truth is I had about all the music from this set that I wanted in full length best ofs.. So why get this??  just to say I have it?.. Check it out.. here we go somemore..

Iggy Pop  Lust For Life   another example of having this song and not wanting to get the set because of it..

X Offender by Blondie.. Some record companies have to ruin everything.. I remember when they were trying to release this on the album, they had to change the title from Sex Offender to X .. Go figure.. There would be little troubles now..

This is The Modern world by The Jam..

See No Evil by Television.. This was a group I got into by reading a book, or having this reference book called Rock Bones.. It is a way to look up groups and see what someone thinks of their music.. I rarely did this before but at one point I was looking for groups to fill in the empty spaces in my music collection.. Television first album was rated very high and so I got it.. The second album wasn't as high but I got it anyway.. And I wished there was a site like i-tunes or amazon to actually listen to the songs before comiting to buying the whole album.. 

Dead boys with Sonic Reducer..  An MC5 cover?? 

BH

No comments:

Post a Comment