Sunday, October 6, 2013

RHINO ROCK BOX No Thanks entry three

Rhino Rock Box disc 6 No Thanks  the Seventies Punk Rebellion.. ;  As I've said Pink music wasn't that important when it was going on, I later would get into the music through groups that I didn't know were punk.. 
Siouxsie & The Banshees for instance was one of the groups I would get into well after they had any impact on the music scene.. However I felt about the punk movement, some of the music is very well worth getting into.. so here is the entry for the third disc.  :

Ready Steady  Go by Generation X to start things out.. A little Frank Sinatra sounding??  Sure, why not.. Not really though...

The Wait by the Pretenders.. Classic rock in the Punk realm..

Pablo Picaso by the Modern Lovers.. Here it is, Punk angst and really who cares if you can sing..


Sheena Is A Punk Rocker by The Ramones.. Sheena you nasty girl.. The Ramones brothers had so many brothers from other mothers..

Staying true to the box set this is song one from disc four, Hong Kong Garden by Siouxsie and The Banshees.. 

And Kiss Them For Me, by Siouxsie & the Banshees as a way to contrast the two styles.. This was my favorite song by this group, although I liked the entire best ofs that were released, Once Upon A Time and Twice Upon A Time..

BH

No comments:

Post a Comment