Sunday, May 26, 2013

LOUD FAST AND CONTROL FREE




The final Loud Fast and Out Of Control entry.. What a great start to the rock box.. This is the fifties still remember.. So
 I think what I like the most about Rhino box set packages such as this one is their use of the packaging as a whole.. no other record company was doing this at the time and this was just maybe fifteen years ago.. Packaging to me is a premium, getting just the music is good, I mean that is all you get when you buy from i-tunes or any other digital download site.. There was just something about buying a box set from Rhino records company.. I was never disappointed.. 

 Slitting the shrink rap and that new cd smell.. opening the box and looking at the booklet, and then checking the discs in their boxes.. The boxes themselves..
 In the tray of this box set were things like the picture below advert for a movie called Jailbait Street.. or the next one
 Savage Streets..

 The disc covers with pictures of different artists in action

 on vocals or guitar..


 Sun records, home to the early rock acts and very important to be there..


 Or the discs themselves that had the record label on them, Coral or Capitol.. Looking like a record, a 45 RPM record, the only thing missing is the groove.. I remember one year while I was in school one of the teachers I had asked a question to the class for extra credit, he asked how many grooves were in the average three and a half minute 45 RPM record.. I wish I knew that day beforehand.. The number of course is one.. 



TUTTI FRUTTI by Little Richard.. ... Yep rockin' little number..

Guitar legend Link Wray with RUMBLE.. 
Everly Brothers  WAKE UP LITTLE SUSIE  Vocals .. 

TEQUILA  The Champs..

BLUE SUEDE SHOES Carl Perkins, great classic rock from the decade that started it all.. The Loud Fast and Out Of Control box set.. on Rhino Records..

BH

No comments:

Post a Comment