Sunday, November 17, 2013

RHINO ROCK BOX Disc 7 MELLOW HITS OF THE 70'S

Rhino Rock Box disc 7 Mellow Rock Hits of the 70's : Ok so I told you that the disc that I set for this set of discs doesn't follow the set verbatum and it doesn't at all.. This is the disc with the songs I added, because of the amount of songs that were already on another set to come here (called ex something  redo after remembering)  and so I think that is why this disc was set differently.. On the previous entry for the Mellow hits disc Ventura Highway I got carried away with the songs and the reason is simple, of all three of these discs Ventura was my favorite and I didn't get the other two for the longest time.. I remember getting the box set proper but I already had the one disc so rather than popping it open I gave it to my older brother as a gift either for his birthday or Christmas or something.. .. Anyway this is the disc that is in the box with the Rhino Rock Box cover on it.. and here are some of the songs from this disc.. :


Diesel with Sausalito Summer Nights.. I think I had heard this song once or twice back in the day but as a refresher .. Steve Czaben used to have a segment on his show called seventies rejoin that they played a song and tried to stump the Czabe and he was hard to stump on seventies music.. This was a song he played when it was warm for the first time in late spring or early summer.. And he still does the song every year about the same time, even though it is a seventies song and they have moved on to the Eighties rejoin..

Undercover Angel by Alan O'Day.. One of those .. You know songs..

Island Girl by Elton John  was one of those songs I heard on the KOMA radio station as well as the other two stations back when I got my first transister radio.. Walking around town with the ear plug in, listening to music from far away places..

Shannon by Henry Gross..  Every time I hear this song.. It's that sound..

Wildfire by Michael Martin Murphy..  There was a dating site that I joined back when I first got on the internet and this gal was wanting someone to quote a lyric that she had never heard before and I did the chorus of this song.. She was from Montana or somewhere further away than that and she was blown away.. so there it was..


BH

No comments:

Post a Comment