Sunday, December 22, 2013

RHINO ROCK BOX disc 8 The Millennium party

Rhino Rock Box disc 8 Millennium party : New Soul Party..  

I never saw the Soul Party set.. Just the New Soul Party and I was looking for some of these songs so I got it.. There is some confusion on my part about the differences between Funk and Soul, but I really don't want to go into the differences as a musical education because that's not what these entries are about..  So on with the Soul      Party.. :


Arthur Conoley  with Sweet Soul Music..  There's how you start.

Back in the Nuggets entry I had placed the song Respect by the Vagrants (I believe) .. Here is the better known version by Aretha Franklin..

In The Midnight Hour by Wilson Pickett..   Groove it..

Soul Man by Sam & Dave  ... Here's another song I had heard many years before this version, done by the Blues Brothers (John Belushi and Dan Ackroyd).. 

My Guy by Mary Wells.. Such seemingly simple lyrics and a huge hit..

James Browne   with I Got You (I Feel Good).. The great James Browne..

The Temptations with My Girl.. The classic of soul.. My Girl..  

BH

No comments:

Post a Comment