Sunday, January 12, 2014

RHINO ROCK BOX disc 9 Children of Nuggets

Rhino Rock Box disc 9 : Children of Nuggets..  Trying to think of what made this Nuggets incarnation stand out and I really have none.. It is a very good set but doesn't represent the greatness that the original Nuggets set does.. This set is good, I can't deny that, but rock & roll was well established by this time.. These represent another era of rock & roll, possibly the beginning of the end of the original rock & roll movement.. There will be groups I had never heard of, and probably they are one hit wonders, while others were about to break big while others still would have one big hit nationally or world wide but then live on that fame.. 
So here we go, the Children of Nuggets set..:

Vanishing Girl by The Dukes of Stratosphere ..  This does have the original  nuggets feel to it..

I Can't Hide by the Flamin' Groovies..  

She's Fine by Stems  Really a cool feeling song..


There Must Be A Better Life by Biff Bang Pow!..   Strange name for a band?? 

I May Hate You Sometimes.. by The Posies.. I may hate you sometimes but I'll always love you.. 

BH

No comments:

Post a Comment