Sunday, January 19, 2014

RHINO ROCK BOX disc 9 Children of Nuggets

Rhino Rock Box disc 9 : Children of Nuggets..  entry 2

When I saw that there was a new Nuggets set out I told my mom that was what I wanted for Christmas that year.. I usually had no clue what I wanted and this was just happened to be in the music store when we were there that day.. I looked at it and thought that I had a few groups that was on this set, the Church being one of them.. And so I thought by reputation alone I would throw caution to the wind and get this set.. The same thing would happen a couple years later when I would get the Brit box, which is disc 10 and the final disc in this set..  So here we go with entry two..:

I Want You Back by Hoodoo Gurus.. One of the other groups I had heard very slightly, this song being one of them..

Whenever I'm Gone by The Prisoners..  

And She Rides by the Long Ryders..   this has a familiar feel to it from the very beginning of the song..


There She Goes by the La's ..  Who hasn't heard this song before??  I'm not sure I had before getting this set.. Really a good little song..

Everyday Things by the Plimsouls.. 

Apology by The Posies..  The overall feeling of this one just hits for me..

BH

No comments:

Post a Comment