Friday, December 9, 2011

MY FAVORITE TIME OF THE YEAR

This is quickly becoming my favorite time of the year which most people would think "well no kidding then?".. And my response would be yea when I was younger and who wouldn't say that this is their favorite time of year (Christmas) with what it means.. But it has changed over the years and recently it has been more because of the sunlight and to that point the lack of sunlight.. It gets darker earlier every day and from about the first week of December to the third week of January the light is so different.. As it gets darker earlier it is different and also as it starts to stay light longer but they are different from going into the darker than to the opposite.. What I am trying to say is the approach to the winter solstice is better than the reproach, or return.. To me there is a difference, maybe it is just me.. But also the colder temps change the picture as well.. We go to the eagles viewing center on the other side of the lake every winter, in January.. And every year it seems like the light would be so much better on the approach to the 22nd rather than the return.. I am getting into the picture taking mood again and use of the old Kodak camera.. Most lately I take pics with the Panasonic video cam set to still photos.. It's hard to get used to the old Kodak because the Panasonic can take pictures quicker
and without as much time for the camera to set the pictures in storage on the SD card.. The pictures on the Panasonic are incredibly small compared to the Kodak but on the computer they are fine.. To print them, different story, they might not print at all..

Decorated the outside areas this past Wednesday.. Thinking it might not happen this year because it was so cold on Monday and the usual day of the Saturday after Thanksgiving was passed on.. Too nice I guess.. But the lights were the easy thing to set up.. The timer has been tough to get set.. All of the timers so far have been less than cooporative to work.. Today the timer I use on my air system is being used and if it doesn't work.. Next please..

BH

No comments:

Post a Comment