Sunday, October 28, 2012

FUDGEDAY BLOODY FUDGEDAY

Industrial Life   by Tangerine Dream.. The concept, make a video of something beyond anyones comprehension.. The subject matter is... Well does it really matter??   Here is the concept.; I was having a slight mental break from having any idea whatsoever to try and then Jordan put her wedding pictures on her Facebook site.. I then downloaded a great number of them and started to mess with them, in a way to where you can't tell what the picture is of..  These pictures in this video are NOT from that session.. These are my pictures that I took myself of something else altogether unrelated.. Pictures taken as far back as .. Well let me think now, around the mid to late 90's (via picasa 3 ability to take stills from video) as well as a few sessions from about a few years ago.. What the pictures were originally you wouldn't believe me.. But what I wanted was pictures that were so messed with.. The effects used are the great kelideoscope and the second was curves+ both in the PdN program.. The curves + settings were to the extreme, while most people (me included) use the curves/curves+ setting on any picture program to touch up their pictures, I used the settings to add excessive colour to the pictures because when put through the kelideoscope setting it makes it quite cool to have what I refer to as an "acid" look to it.. acid as in the drug (so far as what I've seen anyway, I've never partaken in a trip of that nature)..  So excessive colour and textures.. and I then ended up with around three hundred pictures of this type so here is the series of videos starting with the remix of two songs by Tangerine Dream off of their Dream Mixes 5 set (I think it was DM 5)  and this includes two of my favorite songs from the soundtrack "The Park is Mine"..

AN ENDING (ascent)  by Brian Eno ... Took me a  while to find this song but a few years ago I got it with the entire Eno catalog which was quite a feat.. As you can now tell all the videos today are featuring the Kolidiescope effect on PdN  and an attempt to place the music to the visuals, all the pictures on these videos are different, all being done on several sessions  with part of the reason being the program crashed several times per session.. Which isn't bad, I loaded  a lot of pictures in the program  and that could have caused a crash, but mostly I think the program has a certain amount of time running before it will crash the computer.. Seems that way anyway..

This was supposed to be a different song but while I was looking for the song I wanted here (it wasn't on the computer) I found this one instead.. Persistance of Memory by Tangerine Dream.. This song just has that feel to it and I think it was the last song Jerome played drums on.. He moved on to his own projects and left the percussion to Iris Cama..   Another koliedoscope effect video.. This effect gets to me, as the ones that give these kind of results..  The most amazing thing is that these are in fact all different pictures and are of...  Something.. Mostly it is the different angles of things that are the results here.. There can be no two snowflakes alike, and in this case there aren't too many of these patterns that are alike either... Some are alike because of the use of the curves+ and curves adjustment  effects.. Curves+ has a great number more than the curves (curves comes with PdN where curves+ is an addon).. I wanted brighter color textures to mess with on the videos and these really help with making some cool videos..

NICE 2 C U...  A text song.. I'm not a big fan of texting but.. to each his own..   This song is nice, what can I tell you..  Exactly what can I tell you about this group??  The group that wrote and played this is a group called Klangwelt and they are from Germany.. All I know is one day I was looking for something by Kraftwerk and this group popped into the results field.. And I'm glad they did.. Sort of a lighter version of Kraftwerk.. They do have the full on attack via keyboards like Tangerine Dream as well.  Part of a Krautrock type of scene although more instrumental in nature..
Accelerator by Mars Lasar .. The great Mars Lasar .. Don't ask how I came across  this artist, it might have been  a bit of looking for another artist of the same type of works like Paul Haslinger.. Movie soundtrack works and other specialty works of that type..


ORBIT   by ATB     Yes you read that right   ATB  known for some pretty heavy dub step or dub or whatever that crap is called.. I like some of it (very little) and this song here isn't really associated with that.. Quite a different sound actually..

Crocketts theme   Jan Hammer .. On this video less is more.. Strangely I had only five panels on the effect .. Making the object(s) somewhat easy to pick out but.. They aren't what you think they are, or maybe they are..  Quite the challenge on this one as the "these are all different pictures" doesn't qualify here because there are at least a dozen that are the same exact picture changed twelve times with video effects added to help them look different that much more..



If you made it this far I bet your eyes are about to bug out big time.. Here's a song I wanted on an earlier entry but couldn't find a studio version, only the live version.. This is "A Song and A reason" by Kemopetrol ..  Quite the song with one of the best female lead vocalists   .... from Finland  of course..  This video is the final "all kaliedoscope effect".. From now on there will be other ideas, this was just a shitload of fun wasn't it kids??

Ok the original video was full on kaliedoscope effect but after a couple days to think about it I decided to try another idea for this song.. Actually the original idea but usually I am up against it as far as getting the entry done and getting the videos done but this time I got this entry done a bit early.. so here it is, the original idea for "A Song And A Reason" .. Crosses all three file forms  jpg (pic) acquired from the internet, jpg kaliedoscope effect and videos from YouTube edited to about thirty seconds each (some shorter)  of both Kemopetrol and Laura Nuhrli solo concert videos..  Yeah she is one of my favorite vocalists.. Kind of a three way tie with Christina Scabia of Lacuna Coil and Helen Vogt of Flowing tears (all three bands are from Europe)..  so instead of the Effect video exclusively, this is the video and stills to make this one.. Another first on this video is the use of a graphic set picture both at the start and towards the end of the video..  New ideas being worked on for next weeks entry...  

BH

No comments:

Post a Comment