Sunday, January 13, 2013

MASHABLES

I will admit one thing.. These "Mashups" are interesting.. They are.. not my favorite thing but they are interesting to listen to..    Here we have Alice Cooper with Earth, Wind and Fire with a cross between the anthemic Schools Out and Boogie Wonderland.. Two artists who are so far apart from each other yet this seems to work somehow..

Super Jumper ::: The Van Halen (Jump) and ABBA (Super Trooper) mashup..  This one caught my ear right away.. Another one of those so unrelated type of groups..  Van Halen in their heyday and ABBA retired I believe, by 1984 I think..  Anyway this one just has that feel to it that it could actusally be a single song rather than two..

Whole Lotta Sabbath..  Combining Black Sabbath (War Pigs) and Led Zeppelin (Whole Lotta Love) and yet again this seems to really work..

This one restarted the "mashup" craze this past Tuesday when I saw the link to it on a site I follow on Facebook.. Taking again Whole Lotta Love by the Zep boys and combining it with The Beatles Helter Skelter ... 

Featuring Johnny Cash, Led Zeppelin, The Beastie Boys, Ted Nugent & The Beatles...   When there are this many the mashup is better??   Taking bits like this and making one creation out of it.. Makes me wonder how someone thinks of this stuff.. 

Initially this was just a finding the link on the site from Facebook and then looking at that one song, and then I saw another song so I clicked it and each song I clicked and listened to I added to my Facebook, so that today I thought why not make a "mashup" music entry.. So that is what I did and the last two were found for the entry here, there are plenty more on YouTube these are just a few that are interesting to listen to, I could look at these all day.. This last one is titled Fat Bottom Girls Come Together  and combine the two songs by Queen and the Beatles.. 

BH

No comments:

Post a Comment