Sunday, November 18, 2012

SOON TO BE MUSIC ENTRY

Such a strange way to start an entry, thinking this way but going another direction.. From the great Fleetwood Mac, Stevie Nicks  "Stop Draggin My Heart Around"   I always liked this song, just a proven power song, in my books anyway.. 

I'm just gonna go with the flow here, like I said this was supposed to be .. Well it was gonna be a Fleetwood Mac exclusive entry, but then Gerry Rafferty snuck into the mix, that's ok, I like the groove I'm in..

Well now you might think I've gone completely derailed here with of all groups "Crowded House" but no, this fits the groove I'm in right now.. Don't Dream It's Over,..  There was the year of the turning to the big 2000 and .. Milliniumm and I had a tape that featured this song as part of it and I remember getting into town just before the countdown was to start and watched for the fireworks display but remember this was the 2000 start and everyone was afraid something would get boogered .. Yep, if it didn't happen anywhere else why would it happen here, put it was a planned twenty minute hold, so they just had to wait.. I had to be to work by 4:30 so I had to give up watching the big display. 

Miracles by Jefferson Starship, my greatest memory of this one was back in "the day" coming back from work in Ovid and listening to this on tape..  A great way to unwind, and chill..


This one was an instant connection just a bit of an old love ballad from the way back when  music was music and sheep were sheep and farmers were nervous..    "I Go Crazy" by Paul Davis (Uncle Paul...  inside joke there..)...

 Made my first ever contact with a girl here on the internet when I quoted some of the words from Wild Fire way back when... Not sure where she was from, I think Montana or someplace fairly distant, was fun talking to her.. 

Brandi You're a Fine Girl... Alright, you know sometimes a song comes on the radio and you just don't know who it is and so you wait until you hear it again and then one day you get a magic radio that plays the song and has the name of the song and the artist who played it and you can buy it.. That isn't how I got this song, it was just by happen chance, I bought a comp disc that had it on there..  Best five bucks I spent that day..


Just Like Me by Paul Revere & The Raiders.. I got this song on something like four collections including the anthology of the guys ..  It's a great little number and a great way to finish todays entry.. Well almost..

From the videos project I am in the middle of, Timelines by Jonn Serrie..  I say I am in the middle of this project but I could easily be at the slightly more done than not but .. Could be done tomorrow but more than likely it will still be a week or two.. I thought maybe to be done by Thanksgiving but that would be making me feel like rushing it.. There could be an entry of these videos that weekend, maybe..  But it could also be next month or the start of the new year.. I'll see how things work out.. A little about this video, I downloaded a few videos  from Youtube/Bing video search and this was one of those videos that someone made of the "visualizer" from like i-tunes or one of those type of players, and it was a dub step type of music, and I turned down the audio track and added my own and edited the video to work fairly close to the changing music sequences that I was hearing and in doing it this way  this was what I got.. This is what the entire project is about, taking various videos and adding music that I feel fits the video mood..  There are videos with music by Brian Eno, Tangerine Dream, Christopher Franke..  and a few other artists that I have used or will use and hopefully have a good lot of videos...  Some new ideas that came to me the other night have changed the way the videos are being done and then more ideas keep changing the way the videos appear as well.. The appearance, transitions from one scene to another and I will explain more how that works as I load them on that entry..

BH

No comments:

Post a Comment