Sunday, November 25, 2012

THANKYOU FOR BEING A .. MUSIC FAN

So here it is, the start of the videos that I have been working on.. Meng Tian wasn't the first video to be done, it was more towards the last ten or so.. This is  teaser, to let whoever cares know that in the following months there will be one Sunday a month that will be dedicated to my videos exclusively.. This first one as is titled "Meng Tian" by Tangerine Dream from the Great Wall of China soundtrack... A video soundtrack that of the video that I am still looking for.. Quite possibly a video that doesn't exist, or it is the soundtrack to a concept of going to and visiting the Great Wall of China and the music that was inspired by the trip, but the video (like the canyonland video, which does exist) probably isn't around anywhere..  This video, the original video had the dub step music as the music track and I turned that crap down an added my own crap track..



Limelight by Rush, a classic if ever there was one..


Don't Answer Me by the Alan Parsons Project.. I started to get into this group when I was at a record store way back when and asked the guy who owned the store who sounds like Pink Floyd, and he told me Moon Martin and also Alan Parsons Project.. I never really tried Moon Martin until lately and have found that his music is more closely like older English rock groups from the early era of when the Stones were first starting out.. Alan Parsons had engineered Atom Heart Mother and then engineered  The Dark Side Of The Moon which of course sold horribly world wide..

Don't Look Back by Boston.. The story behind my liking this song: Back in "the day" when I was learning how to play the drums the Boston album Don't Look Back was what I would play to.. I know there are very few people who would ever admit to listening to this album for any reason.. However I will admit to listening to and playing to this album, not because it was particularly hard to play any of the drum parts, but to play to it and play exactly the drum parts was important.. The transitions from keeping the beat to playing the fills..  Maybe not the hardest drum parts in the world but it was the transition from drum to drum on the fills and everything that entails that made playing this worth doing..  I liked it then and I still like it now..

Dogs by Pink Floyd   originally called Raving and Drooling and the earlier version that they took out on the road while doing the Dark Side Of The Moon tour and then again while doing the Wish You Were Here tours was a lot different than the one on the album here.. More of a rap at times as they tried different lyrics before settling on this set.. This album as a whole was the perfect album for when I would get fed up at work, on those early days of putting up with Dena and her hoard of yes people.. Loads of fun, and yeah the animals album helped me through several times..  Although Wish You Were Here is my favorite post DSOTM album and Meddle is my favorite Pink Floyd album of them all..

BH

No comments:

Post a Comment