Sunday, December 2, 2012

INFINITY PROJECT FIRST VIDEOS

The first video of the project was Outreach, and it, like most of the videos from this project, has the music of Jonn Serrie as the soundtrack.. A little about this video; What I call the basis  of this video is the "digital tunnel"  which is to say it is just that.. At just about any point in the first part of the song where there is a percussive beat if you pause the video there are a series of ones and zeroes making every aspect of this video, hence the digital tunnel.. Where there is a rhythm break or bridge if you will is a piece of another video in a concept idea.  How this worked or why this worked is beyond me, maybe it was the new video project that made it work, the later videos in the project this didn't happen.. When I went to add the title screens it messed the overall timing of musical breaks and transitions... More about those later (actually those didn't make the cut, they won't be on any of the entries.. Anyway, this was a song on another video that was the inspiration for this project.. I got that video tape (set) way back when and always wanted to do this kind of conceptual video idea.. Taking videos from youtube and other ideas and making my own with them..



Black Garden View by Christopher Franke   originally a member of Tangerine Dream..  For this video it has some really interesting video sequences, clipped from the same video.. The transitions from one "scene" to another and as it gets towards the middle the video becomes nearly three dimensional.. Not true 3D but the imagination runs wild when you watch this video coupled with the music soundtrack..

Flightpath was the second overall video done for the project.. The song itself was so strong and made it a must to do some sort of video.. One of my favorite songs by Mr. Serrie and this video is a picture type with the pictures having the right effect added to make them look like they are in motion while the 360 degree spin does move some of the pictures..

This is the "Hamlet" alternative, a second version of this video.. The first was the "digital tunnel" talked about on Outreach.. This is a completely different tunnel but has the same effect.. Transitions were worked on for this video to try to make the video work in some sort of concept of some sort.. Some videos the video changed with the music without me having to do anything at all, and sometimes I had to force the issue...

As for the song itself, Hamlet by Tangerine Dream off the 220 Volt Live album was the very first album by this group.. The first of some nearly one hundred to be bought on compact disc.. I found that there would be albums that would hit the right spot as far as my taste was concerned and then there would be whole albums that would yield a single song that turned me on.. 220 Volt is an album I can still listen to the whole album and really enjoy.. 

Checking the videos that I had set to  be uploaded and almost the entirety of the "Sunday Morning" album that was the inspiration for this project WON'T  get uploaded here because they are too big.. Meaning the songs are too long, with Maiden Voyage (the true favorite on that album) was over eleven minutes in length..  Those four and two more aren't going to be able to be uploaded here because they are too big..  but...




STRATOS  (all in caps)  by Jonn Serrie, this was THE song, from And The Stars Go With You, a complete masterpiece album from start to finish, but it is Stratos that is the true meaning of the word.. This is what they call "zero beat"  which if you know the "dub step" movement, this isn't the opposite as I had called "chill".. This is beyond the opposite, this is zero beat which is to say NO percussion at all..  Hard for me to say this is my favorite song by Jonn, because I played the drums at one point and love the beat sound.. What attracts me to this song is the feel, and feeling I get while listening to this song.. A great meditation song, I could crank this up and close my eyes and go where the music takes me.. So where did the video idea come from??  The word mandlebrot isn't  completely new to me, but the video here is one of the first I had seen where it continues to go on and on.. Only the hue effect was used here and clipping every twenty seconds gives the effect the ability to run through it's full usefulness..  This isn't the visual that I saw with this song, that doesn't exist, but this is good enough..

My only wish was that these videos were viewable here in the 720p that I was able to convert them to for transfer to dvd.. Watching them in this form leaves a lot to be  desired, mostly the lack of pixilation when this is blown up to full screen resolution.. That is just the way this is here on Blogger and I'm not gonna complain.. While Youtube is owned by the same company that owns Blogger, I don't get into trouble loading the videos here..   Anyway, enjoy these and see you next month for more..

BH

No comments:

Post a Comment