Wednesday, August 1, 2012

TEN DAYS










Yes, I can't help but be sentimental  (or is that just plain MENTAL)  at times like these.. Our little girl is getting married.. Little Jordan, the wild girl from way back..  The girl who had to push the limits, invent gravity..  And now she will get married...  You know I was thinking the other day, Bob (her dad) could have prevented this from happening.. When Adam came and asked him for her hand in marriage he could have said the magic word .. That simple  magic word that would have prevented this from happening right now.. The easiest word he could have said...  NO!!   But I guess he had to face the fact, Jordan is all growed up now..


Mom wanted me to get this song for Bob, and to give it to him.. I thought I should give it to Donald for the reception on the wedding night.. But this is just one of those story songs that country artists do, sort of talk while the music is playing.. (You want to blame a form of music that started rap, here it is)

 For you, there'll be no more crying,
For you, the sun will be shining,
And I feel that when I'm with you,
It's alright, I know it's right

To you, I'll give the world
To you, I'll never be cold
'Cause I feel that when I'm with you,
It's alright, I know it's right.

And the songbirds are singing,
Like they know the score,
And I love you, I love you, I love you,
Like never before.

And I wish you all the love in the world,
But most of all, I wish it from myself.

And the songbirds keep singing,
Like they know the score,
And I love you, I love you, I love you,
Like never before, like never before.

 And then there is my two cents worth.. This idea came to me, more for a graduation than for a wedding but any transition from one point in life to another will suffice..  With the theme of this entry what it is I thought why not try this idea here & now.. But just like every wild hair of the moment, this one started late last night and is hopefully ending before post up time.. This entry was already done the day after we got the wedding announcements except for this...  I got this idea for the video seen here and got the video done but not uploaded just before the entry was slated to go "live", So I halted the presses (as it were) and started the upload of this video..




Hard to believe.. Ten days ...  Ten days!!...


BH

No comments:

Post a Comment