Sunday, August 26, 2012

THE SPECTRUM OF IT

Todays music entry starts off a little bleak. .  The song "I am the future" by Alice Cooper  Shows life in a school  in the futuristic film "Class of 1984" which was bad then and equal now because now it is more real than it was back then..  Watching my nephew I can't help but wonder what school will be like when he goes.. and the same feeling for the new additions to the family..And anyone who has children in this age.. It seems kids are more out of control.. But maybe it just seems that way..


When the obscure isn't...  WRABIT; I would never guess that some Wrabit would be on the
'tube but here it is.. why rock was great..  Great vox,guitars, drums.. production...

Speaking of great rock in the old timers period.. Head East... Get Up And Enjoy Yourself.. What a great song and one that gave me fits to learn in the very first rock band I was in way back when I was a junior in High School.. Great times, great oldies..  (song is actually Love me Tonight, I'm trying to complete the wedding video so I can't set  video to "Get Up" but I will eventually)...

B.  T.   O.    Three letters that came to mean so much..  In rock circles it meant get ready to party... Here is "Not Fragile" done live baby...  LIVE..

So few rock bands can lay claim to the kind of fans that RUSH  have..To say you are a fan of RUSH is to claim liking rock & roll royalty,,,  There is no other band in the world as good on any given night...  So why "the Camera Eye"  why not a better more well known song?    This is a fan favorite and best of all it was done here live as part of the "Moving Pictures" tour last year.. Moving Pictures was the album released in 1981, My memory being the strongest because that was the year I graduated and is the only album from that year I can remember being very good at all...

HOLY SHIT HOW DID WE GET TO THIS:::
No seriously is this a joke??  No sunny this is no joke, The Partridge Family, starring one David Cassidy... Why not?  A fake rock group back in the seventies..   ble bla ble...



Speaking of fake rock groups... what entry would be complete without the greatest of them all...SPINAL TAP.. Big Bottom from the "rockumentary" "This is Spinal tap"   We turn our amps up to 11... It's  a bit louder idunit.."


A few weeks ago this old gem started to kick into my head... A classic by KISS ...    Tomorrow and Tonight...

This one sounds familiar  check it out and then if you need a hint check a song from a little further back in this entry...

The Troggs   "With A Girl Like You".. I think this one has graced this blog once before but just in case it hasn't here it is.. One of my favorite songs, olde time rockers.. From the truly good old days of rock.. 

Johnny Rivers "Swayin' To The Music (Slow Dancin')" is a great little number by an artist who span the decades with hit after hit, some his own, most were covers. The anthology is the best way to enjoy him.. I first got the "Live At the Whiskey GO Go"  double dip disc from when he showed everyone how great a stop it was.. So later on the Beatles and Rolling Stones would play there..  One of the innovators in rock & roll...


BH



No comments:

Post a Comment