Sunday, September 2, 2012

SUNDAY MELTING POT

Starting with Alice Cooper again this week.. Not a song but rather a commercial for his then upcoming album release "Zipper Catches Skin"  and the name pretty much tells it all if you're a guy you might have had this happen once in your life.. If you've had it happen more often you love pain, good for you!!

Who doesn't like Carol King??  Who has never heard of a song written by Carol King??  The numbers are staggering, how many people who say they have never heard a song written by Carol King/Gerry Goffin  and then hear a song written by them as done by any number of artists ranging from James Taylor, Rod Stewart and Mandy Moore...  It's hard to NOT hear a song by this writing team..

Stone Roses with "Fools Gold" full length version..  Stone Roses was (is) part of a box set I got a few years ago called the brit box and it was marking the "shoe gaze" era of rock where bands would go on stage and look down at their guitars and seem to be concentrating  on playing or looking at their shoes or the ground.. Anywhere but the audience..   Sort of the pre emo movement.. 

Karn Evil 9 by Emerson, Lake and Palmer was the definition of why I would like this group.. However it would be nearly ten years from the first time I heard them until I heard the full length masterpiece. This is the second half of part one..

Thought I'd throw this little one in here, this is King Crimson with one Greg Lake as the bassist lead vocals doing 21st Century Schidzoid Man.. A quick clip.. Greg Lake would leave after the first album and join up with Kieth Emerson and Carl Palmer and make incredible music with them as the three piece progressive group Emerson, Lake and you get the idea..



I started playing the pop song or whatever that game is on Facebook recently and yeah it is fun but only if it stays in my era of musical knowledge.. It flipped to 90's song book and I hadn't even heard of those bands.. But stay in classic rock or seventies and eighties and I was fine.. I kinda hate that I know so much about the 80's music but when I was in a band I did listen to what was there because we played it.. As soon as I left the band .. BOOM   no more homework and I stopped listening to the radio that way..  Anyway the objective of the game is??  I really have no idea, it becomes overwhelmingly idiotic because I stay in my comfort zone and when forced off the track I get zero right..  so if I can't control the game (the genre) then I leave it.. Anyone can beat me, just get one right from the crap that is out there now..  


Bryan Adams "Cuts Like A Knife".. This is a bit sped up version from what I remember but still a favorite.. We never played this one..


This was supposed to be a set of videos I am putting together but.. Shortly after getting the wedding video done my back went out.. Painful situation and then trying to get an idea for what video to work on, none came to mind.. I drew a full blank as far as ideas.. Even an idea for todays music entry drew a blank until I was reading a site I follow on Face Book then that sparked the start of the idea.. And it moved from there using Youtube to guide me.. 

BH

No comments:

Post a Comment