Monday, January 2, 2012

NEW YEAR NEW ATTITUDE


One day into the new year.. I can already feel my feet digging in to slow the onrush of next years holiday season.. I do go into things like this with a WOA slow her down feeling.. It's like I read someone say "I can hardly wait for..." followed by what day and all I can say is what you are doing is speeding up the clock.. Or feels like someone is saying screw these days in between now and the "important" day coming up..

The sun starts to come back to the northern hemisphere and days get longer and like I said in the entry of liking this time of year, for the daylight disappearing, the return isn't as dramatic as the losing of the daylight, but it is still interesting.. It doesn't seem as dramatic gaining the daylight as losing it.. The three weeks before winter solstice seems more dramatic light wise.. But it is still interesting to see these six weeks of what I call the most dramatic of all daylight.. It's just not that great after the tenth of January.. It's just dull.. I read in some article somewhere where a photographer had said the most dramatic daylight occurs sometime in May, like around the 15th at like ten in the morning or something.. And I think really?? But to each his own..

I'm gonna make an effort to write an entry every day this year.. I read where someone once said to take a picture everyday would be a great thing to do as a photographer, and see what they come up with at the end of that year and every year.. I thought I'd try that with this site, see if I can pull that off.. I tried to write or acquire an entry at another blog site but gave up after a few months when Facebook got easier to do what I was trying to accomplish..

Also a change in habit, I'm going to try to use Google plus as my main posting links site.. I know I tried that once before but this year I plan to do that, and have started red hot doing so, entering a good dose of entries yesterday and today and putting a single entry on Facebook stating that the broncos sucked their way into the playoffs.. I think they will have done what every team in the division has done in the past four or so years, sucked into the playoffs.... I changed my homepage on Firefox to be i-Google homepage. At first it was a lark to see if I could get something better than Yahoo or MSN.. Happily Google does have such a thing like they have. What I like is having complete control over what is on the page.. The bad is I have trouble deciding what is really important to have.. I have the top three columns arranged like the nightly news as from left to right "news-weather-sports" and the top three are that.. and it kind of stays that way through the first three "gadgets" from the top.. Then it gets political on the left, the middle gets to my links to go all over the internet, the right stays sports focusing on my favorite sport.. The left then goes to internet philosophy as it were, center to television and entertainment, the right goes to space NASA and the like.. The left then goes to netflix the center goes to amazon type of things and the right goes to photo sites.. The left goes to games the center to links to different ideas, the right links and more picture sites.. The left remains in games, puzzles, brain develop type of things.. The center to odds & ends.. The right same as center.. By the bottom of the page it seems to fall apart as the least important topics are placed there, as well as try this type of links and multi link type of things.. The page has gone through many changes and transformations including having almost every site I visit having a gadget, then taking all the important sites and linking them there on the page which is where I am now.. The best thing about i-Google is it doesn't have to be this way, it can be whatever I want.. And so for now this is the page and set up for me...

BH

No comments:

Post a Comment