Friday, January 20, 2012

WHAT THAT MEANS

Back in the early nineties my little brother went to live with his grandma for a short time.. Actually I think he was hoping to start there with his adult life or try something because he was tired of being here.. I wanted him to be able to live there and maybe I would try to move there sometime later but... As things turned out, that wasn't the plan.. He would be there for only a few short weeks as living with grandma was trickier that he was ready for.. But in the amount of time he was gone, the early part mom went with him, then dad went on that first Friday to get mom. That Friday was an odd one, after dad left I decided to drink a little, which isn't completely odd.. I didn't drink a whole lot.. While drinking I decided a little music should be playing.. I was into a rock group called the Church back then and still can listen to them even now.. The Church are a group from "down under" as they say, from Australia and I liked their different sound, a little lighter than some of the groups I was into and no they are definitely NOT religious by any stretch of the imagination.. I had gotten their latest album Priest=Aura and it was just mesmerizing.. That night would be so memorable not because of an actual event, but a dream I had..

One of the songs called Ripple stands out as one of those great songs, and a haunting song as well.. I rarely care for lyrics and don't listen to the songs closely at all.. And I don't know why this song stands out for me.. I was running through the songs on the computer yesterday and this song was on the play list and the memory of that night came to mind.. : Tiny baby, so naive
I can't believe what you believe
You were once so happy here
It may not be eden or summer in greece
You may not even find the gold fleece
In the drag of this atmosphere
Now i don't want to bring up a delicate matter
No i'd much rather bribe or flatter you
'cause flattery gets me everywhere
But you punctured my tires, you crossed all my wires
I brand your acolytes as a pack of liars
And the fire's singing everywhere

Buckle like a wreck on the cold green sea
Like you were a ripple in my memory

I lent you some collateral to buy new clothes
It went out the window and up your nose
And that's the end of the honeymoon
Yeah we walked down the aisle for another mile
I'd walk a million miles for one of your smiles
And you can have all the money soon

You're so deluxe, you're so divine
You're so fifty light years ahead of your time
You're a riddle, you're a ripple
You're the human sacrifice to the goddess of ice
Your hairdo is filled with diamonds and lice
And you're hardly off the nipple

Another little glitch in continuity
Like you were a ripple in my memory

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

For no other reason than this song running through my head.. So later that night I put on Led Zeppelin The Song Remains The Same movie and watched at least through No Quarter, and I don't know if it was the sequence of the fantasy scenes or what but the dreams I had that night were strange at best.. : It seems we were playing tag, but with paint ball guns.. Then things got real, and the ink became real bullets.. I remember being in a precarious situation, having to hide to keep from being shot.. They had a better vantage point and I was trying to keep from being hit.. THIS IS FUN ISN'T IT??.. What it all means I don't know but when I made a break for it I ran hard and fast but not fast enough as I got shot.. Strange feeling what being hit by a bullet feels like and then I woke up in a puddle of sweat.. Like I said what it means I have no clue..


BH

No comments:

Post a Comment