Wednesday, January 4, 2012

WARM IN JANUARY

I don't know.. I have ideas pop into my head for entries at the oddest time of the day .. Mostly night, and usually several ideas that are so great that I think there is just no way I will forget the idea.. But alas I did.. so..

Went down and saw the Nephew.. The Ianater (Ian) and he just had to show off his new drum set.. He sits down and starts hammering out a drum flurry or furry or whatever you want to call it.. His mom say you (meaning ME) should show him something.. To which my response is I couldn't show him anything his dad wouldn't show him.. It was funny after he got up I did go and play little.. The odd part was that this was the first time I've played the drums in any form or fashion sins 2001 after I screwed up my arm I wanted to see if I could play the drums anymore or if that was a part of my life gone forever from injury.. But I was able to play.. I sat down behind my little brothers drumset for what would be maybe two minutes and tried to play and found I could if I wanted to.. I just didn't want to.. Besides his heads are so loose I get no response from the sticks, it was like playing a pillow.. I played the little guys drum set today and it was set the same as my little brothers, the heads were loose, too loose for my liking but.. And I was thinking that what little I did play that Ian saw me do something that his cousins have never seen.. They have never seen me play the drums before.. That's just one of those things, a very rare event, and I can't say it will ever happen again.. Do I miss playing the drums?? I was mister drummer mister drums before my little brother started and it took a while for him to get where he was.. I still say I stopped playing because it stopped being what I wanted it to be.. Had the band I was in continued until I stopped playing that might very well have happened, where instead of them saying let's play on.. I would have said I've had enough.. I burned out several times in school playing and those times would last a few months.. Back in 1990 I was playing my drumset as rehearsal for a band that would surely be about to hire me on reputation alone.. But then after trying out for a band and being hired I was in the odd setting of trying to figure out a way to decline their offer.. And they imploded and saved me the trouble.. Within a month or two I stopped playing and just never started again.. Burnout?? I don't know, I don't know why I stopped playing and never started again.. Lack of interest I guess.. No other band ever asked to form a band again and I stopped looking for a band to join.. I guess what I wanted I got.. The band I was in spoiled it for me or something.. I always dream of the ultimate band to get into now.. Mostly I'd like to get into a band and check with bars and put together song lists for bars.. A bar friendly band.. And NO ORIGINAL MUSIC.. I did like being in a band that wrote their own songs but it was too many songs of our own, and not enough cover songs.. But, that's for another entry.. This was supposed to be a short non subject matter entry.. but there I rambled a lot of nonsense...

BH

No comments:

Post a Comment