Tuesday, January 31, 2012

PONDERING THE FUTURE

Something I was thinking about when I was getting up this morning.. We might have had six inches of snow this year so far. This season from the first snow until now, total accumulation of maybe six inches of snow.. Strange how dry this year has been but I remember the winter before dad passed away I rode my mountain bike almost every day through that winter.. Except for a week to ten days total..








We were taking care of the nephew again today and mom made the comment she wished he had a little brother to play with, that he just seems to be begging us to play with him.. Mom can't play with him the way he wants because she has no balance, and fears falling with every step she takes.. I can't play with him because I don't have his imagination, nobody my age has his imagination.. He is in his own world, all kids are... We get to his house and instead of having us for the next hour, his mom steps out the front door.. While we might have been able to leave right then, his grandma goes in then out to the back yard where he wanted to play in the sandbox but of course his grandma can't sit and play because of her situation.. Every time we said "well time to go" he would say not yet.. So for a half an hour we tried to leave and he heads us off at the pass.. Then we go out to the car, he has to talk his parting conversation, talking cars, car parts.. anything to keep us there.. Then we have to go and it's ok, see you later.. See you later, you little nut...

BH

No comments:

Post a Comment