Wednesday, February 1, 2012

SO THAT WAS..

I watched the previous super bowl that had this years match up in it, the final five minutes anyway (the best part) and when the Pats scored with just over two minutes left I remember thinking well that's that, the Giants are screwed.. In trots Mr. Eli "dear in the headlights look" Manning to drive them to the promised land.. Watching that game replayed last night I tried to remember the close calls (some three of them) and couldn't remember exactly how it played out but there it was, that screwy catch using the helmut as the third hand thing.. The in the grasp that Eli got out of that a few years earlier would have been a sack.. The forth down run that resulted in a first down and the refs stopping the clock to move the chains ala college rules.. And oh yeah, the Patriots were undefeated until the end of that game..

This year I made the bold prediction before the conference title games that whoever went in the NFC would beat either team from the AFC by virtue of a better defense (defense wins titles as they say).. Then I was listening to some sports talk shows the other day and they are all saying the same thing.. while on paper the Giants look to be the better team and remember last time they played in the super bowl?? Well everyone was saying that when Billichick gets a second shot at a team he usually doesn't lose.. I really don't care who wins.. I kinda wanted the Patriots to win that other meeting to go 18-0 for the first ever perfect team in the new playoff system and the 16 game schedule.. But my pick, the G men 24-20... Sorry Tom, looks like Eli wins again.. And if I were a betting man, i'd go with the Patriots.. Why? because any team I've pulled for has lost recently in the super bowl..


BH

No comments:

Post a Comment