Sunday, February 26, 2012

GETTING IT AGAIN...

Starting on this past Thursday it seemed like groundhog day.. The movie, where the guy lives the same day over and over.. In my case I seem to make the same mistakes over and over.. AND OVER AND OVER... Here's what I meant.. Thursday I get home from watching the nephew and get on the computer to check some things really quick.. Really quick in computer terms is eventually before bed time hopefully.. I start to check the things and the browser freezes up.. Then crashes.. I use Firefox as my main browser of choice because I use i-Google as my homepage and Firefox seems to be the most consistent browser, meaning fewest crashes.. Well not this night it wasn't.. Sometimes the browser locks up because another program is updating and in this case McAfee was updating which I didn't know until I was in freakout mode.. Shortly after this short freakout The screen showed that in fact McAfee had downloaded an update.. Fine, so I get Firefox up and running and again it crashes on me, locks up big time.. I shut it down via the task manager (I have it pinned to the task bar right next to the browsers) and use it to shut programs down rather than the red X in the upper right hand corner.. This comes in particularly handy when you shut down some programs such as Skype.. Skype won't shut down by that red x in the corner EVER.. It stays running in some capacity to slow your computer down and even though it shows in task bar as running you won't receive calls.. Why is it still running then??

After getting totally frustrated with Firefox I do what I usually do when I get frustrated, I delete the program.. With the idea most times that I am deleting to try to reinstall later and see if it will fix itself, this time I delete with the idea that this time is for good so I have it remove all traces (passwords and everything).. Big assed stupid mistake.. I no sooner delete it then reacquire it.. But this time from a site that has an earlier version.. How early?? I went to the very first Firefox to see what the difference would be.. I'm not sure I had the very first version of Firefox and it didn't open the i-Google homepage.. Not completely right anyway.. So I delete that and go to C-net to get Firefox but I typed in Mozilla with the hope of getting that Mozilla browser.. They didn't have that, but they did have Aurora , the developers version of Firefox.. so.. I wrote about this already in an earlier entry.. But not about this..

Earlier today I was asked to get a song by mom, and she asked if that store in the mall was still open and I said let me see if I can get it via i-tunes.. And the concept of getting a song this way was beyond her.. She thought I needed a credit card, but it wasn't needed.. So I tried to get the song and when it needed a credit card to pay for it I said no.. Then tried again and held my mouth different and again it did the same screen.. I guess it has been a long time since I got music there and I did my usual freakout.. I tried to get a hold of i-tunes and tried to do a chat thing and when everything failed I did the next best thing.. I deleted i-tunes with the idea that I would NEVER EVER use that again.. Then I thought, I need it to get podcasts and do my music library although it isn't that needed, I don't have an i-pod... After I reacquired i-tunes I Googled my problem and found the answer.. Figures, it was something simple. Again I freaked out without need.. I have to remember I Google things on everything else so why freak out.. Just remember to Google and to word it right.. My first attempt garnered no ideas that were helpful, then I tried to word it a different way and wala.. There was the answer..

Speaking of wording it right... I spent the last few weeks off and on trying to write a response letter to Freda, and every attempt I pushed save to keep the draft and then went back and tried to either edit it or do a complete rewrite and sometimes it was better and other times it was too rambling.. I now have three drafts on seven attempts and all of them are on my myspace site and might eventually end up here.. Or not.. I think the more I let time get between the events of the end of last year (holidays wise) the better.. I think I'd rather just let things heal via time rather than force the issue.. After this past Friday I think things are getting more back to a normal but I doubt it will ever return to how things were before then.. But you never know.. I tried to comment of his daughters Facebook sites but didn't push enter.. I want to but am not sure how I will come off.. I kid around with Ian and think the day is gonna come where he thinks I'm an idiot.. Maybe that day is already here.. But I like to have fun.. maybe he will see that is what I am doing..

BH

No comments:

Post a Comment