Wednesday, February 22, 2012

NEW RULES FOR THE INTERNET??

When I got my video camera a few years ago the first thing I did was get a youtube account going and load a few videos just to get something up there.. A few weeks later I put a video up that had some music on it in the background.. Clearly I wasn't trying to make a music video, nor trying to make any money from the song but sure enough I get an email from youtube stating that I needed to write to the copyright holder of the song to keep the video up there.. I couldn't see having to pay royalties on a song that was just slightly more than the thirty seconds limit they give for that type of thing and the quality wasn't great either.. So I took the video down and now when I am video taping I turn the radio down to where it can't be heard, just in case I get something I really want on the internet.. I have had some videos recently that have music in the background but they must not be long enough to bother me about it.. Then there was the Christmas videos of Ian at his singing show thing.. I put those videos up in their entirety (almost all of them, I left a couple off) and waited to hear from youtube telling me those need to have a royalty set up.. Back in May or sometime like that I get an email from youtube saying something to the tune of if I wanted to I could place adds on my site and make money.. I figured why bother they really don't get watched without being linked to on my facebook page.. They send me emails telling me this is how to get more viewers to my page and I just want to tell them that it is mostly a private site.. Anyone who wants to see them can but for the most part it is a select few who can...

For the past week or so I've been trying to get my i-Google page set so that when I try to open it with the netbook laptop computer it will open fairly fast and not drag it down or crash it.. Part of that effort has seen me take a good number of the gadgets off via getting those gadgets set to the reader.. Strange how it went from having all those bookmarked on the page to now having them on reader..

Today I was messing with setting up the reader in yet another way to simplify it somewhat and the Firefox browser crashed. Upon trying to get it to start again it wouldn't.. So after trying to get it going a few more times I cut it loose.. I deleted it.. Then I went to a site and got an older version thinking that I would try to start from the very beginning and that meant Firefox 1 ... That's right Firefox ONE.. I'm not sure if I had the very first version of Firefox way back when, but when I got it and started it, it didn't start the homepage.. Didn't start i-Google.. That's not entirely true, it did start but only showed the outline, the header at the top (theme) is the Dark Side of the Moon prism design, and the gadget outlined boxes but none of the gadgets were working.. Too old of version of Firefox?? Then I deleted that version because it wouldn't upgrade to the next version, or the latest.. So after getting rid of that version I went to the site where I got FF 1 and decided (against my better judgement) to get the very latest version of Firefox (Firefox 11 beta 3) hoping that maybe things would work better in beta (usually a giant mistake but I did have the beta version of Chrome and it worked better than the regular release until it crapped out on me).. So I know I have a rule against beta but maybe this will be good.. I don't know..

BH

1 comment:

  1. Then I went to a site where they have programs and typed "Mozilla" thinking I might get the old Mozilla browser I had on the old windows '98 computer, but instead the search brought up "Aurora" and that is the developers version of Firefox, just the version that is being developed for release in a year or even later.. Truely a developers version.. beta times quite a bit more.. it has a box on it to push to let them know that you liked or disliked something on it.. I will run Aurora kinda regular with i-Google as my homepage to help them get it to be better than Firefox 10.0.2 is right now.. and I set the "send confidential info to them" to on to help them.. I figure I could complain all I want when I do it this way...

    ReplyDelete