Tuesday, February 28, 2012

MASTER OF DOMAIN


Lucy had this to say on her Facebook recently :

"I feel like Tangerine Dream.Old stuff, like Ricochet or Logos Live at the Dominon`82.............Funny how we always keep going back to stuff we love most despite fact that we are trying to explore new stuff and adjust to new reality..........."

Pardon the broken English feel.. She says she "loves" Tangerine Dream, but she has a taste now that runs towards the dance or dub (DJ) type of sound, and I have tried to get into any of it and except for a few songs by Kaskade and ATB I can't tolerate this type of music.. It is a high intensity type of faster beat type of music, with mixes of songs by artists that have a hit and in some instances huge hits.. I heard a mix version of a song by Adele and still think it is horrible.. Even songs by groups I like I have no tolerance for...

To me her saying she really likes (loves) Tangerine Dream and then listening to this dance dub type of music, one has absolutely nothing in common with the other.. I will admit to liking Tangerine Dream myself.. I got into their music at about the time of the Risky Business movie.. I always wanted that soundtrack and eventually I lifted the music from the movie itself.. I got the first album by TD back in the mid nineties and fell on my head for them.. That's the way for me, I try a group via a best of or live album then get an album with that song that turns me on the most.. In the case of Tangerine Dream the album I started with was 220 Volt Live which as it turns out was an album of all new material, there is (or was) no studio version of any of the songs.. That's how they worked.. And then I checked their catalog of back music and found that getting every album would be very difficult.. Then a guy started a record store and I got kinda friendly with him and he ordered some albums by TD for me.. I found the more I got by them the more I wanted.. The bad thing with their music is that different eras meant different tolerance for what they did.. They did and still do mix discs. These are alright but it is as far as I will go.. They do the mixes themselves..

My taste in music is pretty much my own.. There are no outside influences any more.. I still like the core groups that I have liked for years.. Those are Aerosmith, Blue Oyster Cult, KISS, Led Zeppelin... And from there I dove into groups like Alice Cooper, Chicago, UFO, Rush... And from there experimenting with groups such as Tangerine Dream, Emerson Lake and Palmer, ATB.. If I was after any music that was like Tangerine Dream I kept it in that type or style.. I went more for the down beat or chill type rather than the high tempo of the music Lucy likes... I went more for artists like Craig Chaquico, and modern jazz that fits my liking.. I really don't get a song that drills the same idea for fifteen minutes of synti grabassed excess...


Bob stopped by Friday, and was here for a good two hours, and it was really nice and relaxed.. But there is still that tension in the room.. No matter how relaxed it might have felt, there is stil the elephant ( ) in the room.. A feeling of chose your words carefully, but I didn't really feel like that was there that much.. I think mom wanted to go from the pleasantries of this & that to let's settle things completely, or I felt like she could possibly want to do that.. She didn't say that at all afterwards but she did say she wished they could have continued the discussion the next day (the 26th)... I was leery and have been, I know there is something else but don't want to go there.. I want everything to heal, all egos and whatever to just take a breath and... Mellow out.. CHILL.. Completely flush that time completely away...

Like I said in an earlier entry, I was trying to write a reply letter to Freda to her letter and her entry on the family blog but every time I had written what I wanted to say it turned into an opus of sorts and at times my sense of humor got the best of me and I would go off on a tangent that ended up taking me away from the subject and I saw the humor in it but after reading it I thought that I very much doubted that she would see the funny in it so I shelved them.. All of them are shelved, at one point I came close to sending one but then thought better of it. So now all of those letter ideas are all entered into my private Myspace (three entries to load all of that) and now I think that is where they will remain... Only to be brought out and laughed at when everyone gets their sense of humor back.. So in other words never.. Just as well...

The triumphant return of the prodical son.. Or in this case the daughter, their daughter, eldest daughter.. Pregnant and all, suffering severe morning sickness.. The idea that after she got to her parents house she sort of fell apart and had as bad of morning sickness as she has had, made me believe it was the trip here.. A four to six hour drive (depending on who you believe).. It more than likely put the hurt on her.. Took too much and truth is it is a HUGE risk for her to have made that drive, and even though she says she is feeling better, she says she wants to return home tomorrow.. Just not my idea of a good time.. I think of what it is like to have a horrible hang over and I don't want to be out and away from a place to puke... Hope she knows what she is doing...

BH

No comments:

Post a Comment