Wednesday, February 15, 2012

PATCH DOUGH

So the final part of my last entry said something about trying the Google reader.. I had seen the RSS in a good lot of the sites I visit but never thought what it meant and just what does Google reader mean??  Truth is I didn't care before last night.. But I set a few pages to be in the reader and suddenly I was transformed.. Maybe that is a little overly dramatic.. When I started the i-Google homepage I went off my nut for the number of Gadgets to try.. I initially had maybe ten or so, then I looked at what was out there and suddenly there were maybe close to a hundred of them. I whittled them down gradually but ended up with quite a few.. I couldn't decide how I wanted my page to be and then I settled on the late news that runs sequencially as news weather sports and had maybe ten or more news weather and sports gadgets and a few other fringe idea.. That was too many so I found a gadget that I could load links to pages on and so I could get rid of those gadgets that seemed to bog the page down via the processor on the main computer and especially the laptop.. Then yesterday happened, I tried the Google reader.. What this will do is get rid of a great number of link type of gadgets and shrink my homepage by quite a lot (I hope) and in so doing will make my homepage load quicker and not crash so much.. That is the plan right now..

Some cleaning of the music has begun.. I don't know why I have such a deep track list on a lot of groups..  Currently I am on the P's.. More to the point I am on the group The Panics (from Australia).  The shear number of songs was mind boggling..  I'm not trying to brag, the number I'm at is over 11,000 songs right now.. Bragging would be to say I had over 15,000 songs.. And could possibly filled the hard drive of this computer, but I don't want that.. I rarely listen to the music on the computer.. A habit I got into with the last computer when it shut itself off with no reason or warning..


Valentines day this year I wished everyone a good happy one after finding a good video link to show my appreciation for that non holiday...  Yep thats a gogle

BH

No comments:

Post a Comment