Monday, February 13, 2012

PROGRAM TO GOLDEN

I remember when I first got my camera.. The digital camera, Kodak and I never even thought that I wanted one, but mom decided to get me one for my birthday one year.. At first I didn't think much of it but there was a time before my little brother got married that I wanted to borrow his wife to be camera and shoot pictures out in the pastures when I rode out there because I knew the day would be coming that I wouldn't ride out there anymore... Well I never did get up the nerve to ask and I haven't ridden out there since and so those pictures weren't and more than likely won't be taken..  I remember those old instamatic type of cameras and I got one for either my birthday or Christmas when I was a junior in high school.. Those took fairly good pictures, quality and everything but there were pictures that were just pure CRAP!!  I mean me a guy who has trouble holding still at the best of times (just the way I am, I've had the shakes "tremors" my entire life).. So I wasn't sure about a digital camera, I hadn't even messed with one or thought it was a good idea to have one.. However once I started taking pictures I found getting a good picture was very easy.. They build a stable system into the camera so unless you shake the shit out of the camera it still will come out relatively to what you were wanting..

The early photo program was the one that came with the camera, the Easy share by Kodak and it was quite good although extremely basic.. At the time it was good for what I wanted, and it emailed the pictures which was nice. Before too long I started looking for other programs to mess with my pictures with.. First was Picasa by Google and the early version was basic and was a viewer more than anything else.. In later versions it had crop and other things it could do.. On the old XP computer it updated to the point where it didn't work on that computer.. Locked up really regular.. Now the latest version has taken some of the Picnik (a site Google purchased with the sole intent of shutting it down) editing program that is really good for some advanced editing of pictures, it is a go to when I don't want an in depth experience..

Fast stone is the best program for viewing pictures, especially when I hook a flashdrive into the computer and want to view the pictures, without loading them on to the computer.. Paint dot net or PdN I discovered one day when I ran a search in Google for programs to edit pictures with.. The basic program is very easy to use and was very habit forming.. Then I added plugins and the program rivals adobe photoshop..  many things it can do are not available on the  adobe platform anywhere..  And it continues to expand with the latest upgrade build being scheduled for completion soon.. I thought it was this year but might be next year.. Trouble with this program is when I went to do some quick fix recently  I forgot how to do it.. It was a few months since I used it and forgot how to do that one thing..

Art weaver is another photo program, although I rarely use it.. It has a few art things such as sponge and other artsy fartsy things.. GIMP is one I got just to try once in a while but it doesn't have anything or offer anything that the others have..    PHOTOSCAPE Is another photo viewing program that as well has a redundant feel to it.. Just have it because it is free.. And I do have an early adobe photoshop program but there really isn't anything there that I don't already have..

BH

No comments:

Post a Comment