Wednesday, February 29, 2012

THE NEW SENSATION

During the Daytona 500 race the tv announcers were talking about Twitter and how some of the drivers were using it during the race.. On yellow flags and the one red flag that happened.. The "new" social media medium is finally exploding and they changed the way it works.. Trying to search for anything doesn't work the way it did, but I must be the only one who can't figure it out because it seems to be the new rage for everybody.. I wasn't shooting to follow a thousand sites or people on Twitter but by the one year mark that is what I was doing, eclipsed that mark and now headed for two thousand quite quickly.. And tweeted my thousandth tweet recently or will shortly... Approaching having ten times the followers on Twitter than I have on Facebook.. My philosophy of the two are completely separate.. Facebook is more for family and people I know (mostly).. There are some I have never met but were "friends" by a common cause.. Twitter I use to gain information.. I started a Twitter account to try to get information about a radio show I was and still am listening to... And I thought after they signed their contract that I would ditch Twitter but the opposite happened, I dove head first into it..

Now I have two main ideas for watching sites.. If they have a twitter account I more than likely will follow them.. If they have an RSS feed I will follow them that way and possibly set up to follow on Twitter as well.. Rarely I will push the like button for Facebook but if they aren't on Twitter or have an RSS account then I will go FB and have it that way.. The RSS feeds have saved the day on i-Google homepage no doubt in my mind... I was on the verge of changing my homepage by the end of this month if I couldn't get control of the constant crashing going on on Firefox.. I can't use Chrome with i-Google even still, it is too much for Chrome to handle.. My ranking on browsers is 1 Firefox, 2 Aurora (Firefox development browser) 3 Opera (default browser) 4 Comodo dragon 5 Chrome 6 Lunascape6 7 Safari.... Now anyone that would ask, why do I have Firefox as my first but not my default?? Because Firefox is set to have i-Google as the homepage and it takes a minute or so to load where Opera loads fairly quickly with the homepage set as the speed dial setting, Opera also opens i-Google home page quicker but not all of the Gadgets are opened for whatever the reason.. In fact all the browsers open i-Google differently and have the gadgets all over the place.. Aurora and Firefox are the only consistent browsers that open the homepage the same ever time..

The final build of Picasa 3?? Might be the final version of Picasa 3 updated today.. They can add to the 3 by way of decimal points but likely they will have Picasa 4 coming next.. The evolution continues as they get ready to close out the pinik site...

Te Pirate Bay (se) changed to Magnet files today.. Something I knew was coming at the start of the month.. What this means is two things, with the recent update upgrade of the micro downloader is it will move with all sites that offer torrenting type of downloads.. The three new file formats are now doable by the downloader (I picked the right one those years ago, a strange feeling to be right for once).. It changes the way the rules are governed by all in charge.. Other sites were closing left and right just before today.. I was afraid they would clip TPB before today but because of this change this site is there in name alone.. They kinda don't exist anymore.. They are a phantom site, almost undetectable.. Acquiring the Magnet (torrent) is easy and almost undetectable by authorities.. In other words it is safer for all involved to do this type of thing.. The torrents take about five minutes longer to start but that is the only difference...

BH

No comments:

Post a Comment