Sunday, July 15, 2012

NO SURFACE ALL FEELING

               MANIC STREET PREACHERS


Rock band from Blackwood, South Wales. They originally released records as a four-piece, although it was understood that Richey James Edwards, the band's chief lyricist and stylist, did not actually play guitar in the studio and had his amp turned down for live shows.
 






Richey's poor mental health led to several stays in hospital, and prior to a 1995 tour of the US, he disappeared, leaving his car at a notorious suicide spot. His body has never been found. The band vowed to continue without him and released their biggest-selling and critically lauded album "Everything Must Go" the following year. The band has continued as a trio, with further collaborators joining up for concerts..


 When I got an XM radio a few years back I listened to the live concert channel almost exclusively.. And these guys were featured regularly.. I could find only a single album by them here in America, but it was a best of which is what I was happy to have.. But lately I was able to acquire their entire discography, which made me even a bigger fan of their works..





 I really don't know that much about them but their music has  a certain quality that is lacking in American music these days..


 Finally the song "Condemned to Rock & Roll.. Tried to find it on Youtube but never have found it so here again I made a video to fill in for the lack of one.. This song is the IT song for me, the deep track of deep tracks by MSP ..  Meandering about, it sounds like there could easily have been three songs made rather than just one..  Check it out :




 Always feeling torn and slow Love song cull destroy poem Misery and trauma making love Best go shoot the fucking doves
The past is so beautiful The future like a corpse in snow I think it’s all the fucking same It’s a life sentence, baby
A line of vodka tears inside A shot of boredom helps my mind Staring through a thousand dead eyes I guess my nerves are brutalised
Lips I kiss just another plague Love can’t fix the hole they made Condemned to Condemned to Rock ‘N’ Roll
No innocent exit when hope dies And claustrophobia buys my mind I ran to breathe contagious lies No reasons for just living life
Rip cord opens but my soul is cold With you I never felt more alone Skin never sweating dignity Kept my line beneath ecstasy
This fragile prison of sanity An ocean wave to death, babe Masochistic love going nowhere You’re nothing, pestilence a seed
Lips I kiss just another plague Love can’t fix the hole they made Condemned to Rock ‘N’ Roll Oblivion’s all we know
Lips I kiss just another plague Lips I kiss just another plague Love can’t fix the hole they made
Sterile like a line of piss, motherfucker Review with avant garde lips You're just a motherfucker
There’s nothing I wanna see There’s nowhere I wanna go...




BH

No comments:

Post a Comment