Sunday, July 29, 2012

THE OBSCURE

UNTIL SHE COMES by The Psychedelic Furs..  Obscure but not enough to not be on the 'Tube..

"Time Wraps Around You" by The Velvet Crush: This song I had no intention of it becoming the two hour work it took to do.. There was timing issues where I wanted certain pictures to be at or close to the times I wanted them..   Initially when I did a video by a group that wasn't found on Youtube I would try to Google the groups name and get as many pictures as I can to make the video more about the band and their albums.. Velvet Crush had so few band pictures that the feeling was I would rather try to have this video have some sort of concept.. I had the name of the group and then just the name of the song in the search and that yielded a few pictures that seemed to go along the concept of the song.. Then when I got the video all laid out I decided to go more full on to the concept idea and searched for more pictures of this type.. After I got the pictures in sequence I added one more to the video, Jordan and Adams engagement picture.. Then it was a matter of re setting them in the order I was wanting and then setting all the effects.. The change from one picture to another; This is the first video that I used this effect on, the ability to change how each picture shows up or dissolves  is the new effect on this video.. I'm gonna get this program down to where it is as easy as PdN was before I added all the plugins to it..



And then there is "This Station" by Paul Haslinger.. Another video I put together.. Sadly it wasn't because I put it together late at night but rather just gave up and pushed save the project as link on the program.. There are a  certain amount of frustrations built into every program, and this one has a great many as well.. Just when I think I am getting how to do it.. Anyway this one quickly became yet another concept video in that there are like three pictures with Paul in them..  After the opening titles show then it is the man in the glasses.. Actually the pictures of any humans is Paul except for the album cover, that doesn't look like him.. I went basic on the fade to each picture, it just felt right to do it this way..


The Gathering Field's "And I Wanted"  : Another song I really like and of course, no vid on the 'tube yet again.. This video ended up being a rather lot like the Velvet Crush video.. Kinda lovey dovey and therefore out of my league.. I typed in "And I Wanted" into the search first and hit images and there were a good number of pictures there in the Google search.. Surprising amount that I wasn't sure were related but as I got to doing the video they seemed to fit somehow.. The video is basic, not much in the way of effects on this one, more than anything it was a tough sell to keep working on it.. I like the song enough to try not to make it a single picture of the band and or the album which is pretty much the only two or three pictures there were for these guys..  I found out about these guys by Michael Stanley, as he covered another song on this album.. And while this is a fairly good album, they have a fairly loyal following in the Pennsylvania area where they are from..

The rock group Gene Loves Jezebel was very notorious for their band feuds mostly between the brothers Jay and Micheal Aston..  A goth music form but quite listenable.. I like the songs that most people don't know about.. The album cuts.. Check out this one here A little bit of "Heartache" never hurt anyone..

Why stop at just one GLJ song??  "Suspicion"

Why just have one suspicion when two can be better..  Eddie Rabbit   Suspicions   plural because two or more suspicions is better than one.. Am I right people??

Elvin Bishop more well known for his "Fooled Around And Fell In Love" anthem, and trust me I really like that one,   but is the "Have a Good Time" Party rocker that I wanted here.. True story, back in the mid nineties I was working the opening shift at the Mc.D's and had to work the New Years Day as well and I was (am usually) in  a funk right at the first of the year and this was a particularly bad funk, and as I was looking for a tape to listen to that particular morning, this tape (Elvin Bishop best of..) a budget tape that had maybe ten songs total on it, maybe fewer.. And so I listened to that tape exclusively that day both going to and coming home from work that day.. Must have played that thing seven times through.. Long story semi short that tape made my day and started the year off right.. 

Is there anyone who isn't a fan of Utopia??   Todd Rundgren (runt) multi instrumentalist supreme.. Sure there is Hello It's Me  or Bang the Drum All Day but "One World" has always kicked it for me..


Finally, I used this song on another entry for something else, not sure what but here it is again only this time IT'S MINE.. I am speaking of course of "Amy's Lullaby"  by one greatness composer Mars Lasar..  This time it is personal.. I used Tabitha's pictures of her new born twins as the subject matter..  This video came to me after working on the video for And I Wanted.. The next day I wanted to get this video worked on and see if I could get it the way I wanted it.. This is the first video that I feel like I nailed..  I worked on various parts of it and when I was pretty much done I started to watch the final product but was overcome by emotion.. The music fits so well...   Anyway.. Here it is..

And that's the entry for this Sunday musical entry..

BH

(P.S. I uploaded the last video to my Youtube site as a preview for anyone who might view it.. I do that from time to time, put a video up there and have it for a while then delete it.. Thought I'd see if anyone would watch this video..)

No comments:

Post a Comment