Saturday, June 9, 2012

AND THEN IT UPDATED AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN..





 I so badly want to champion Fire Fox browser.. I want everything about FF to be the IT of browsers, that I won't or wouldn't feel right ever opening another browser... But there are things about it that are almost perfect and every time they update I think, there they have it this time.. Last night before I went to bed Firefox updated to the latest version.. This time it wasn't Firefox beta 13 but rather Firefox 13   full function as it.. Sorry   "IT"... And with that I was thinking here it is then, the it browser in the IT update to the most..  But it was just an update and it now features their version of speed dial that Opera had perfected years ago ( or some time ago, not sure how long it has been part of the Opera browser)... Trouble with Firefox latest update is the trouble I was having with Aurora is now the trouble I am having with Fire fox..  There is a problem with the pdf reader.. I don't use Adobe reader and haven't for the past year.. The pdf reader I use is Foxit and it is supposed to be compatible with Firefox, but for whatever the reason it has some sort of crash issues on both Aurora and Firefox...

Firefox has it's issues and at times I want to just trash it and try to go with Opera but then I try that and find that Firefox has better strengths  than weaknesses.. It will power the entire i-Google homepage, although it seems overwhelmed  at times  I deleted the dragon browser today.. I never use it and figure it was time to get rid of it..  Used the Pant.NET program on the picture project from Jordan and Adams engagement set from her Facebook.. There were issues with some of the plugins.. And the program crashed several times when certain plugins were being used.. Not that this is uncommon.. These plugins look like they might be interesting to use but they require a certain algebra knowledge that I don't possess.. 


I took the time to check the problem and disabled the pdf reader.. I never understood why there should be a pdf reader built into the browser anyway..   I think this might have fixed the issue for now.. Try to get the reader to update if I think I need it.. I rarely use a pdf in the browser at all.. The UPUB reader I have to give a shit to read anything that needs to use that.. MOBI is on the same reader the  Sumatra reader  that has every file format at it's ability..

I was reading my brothers Facebook the other day and he said he just got his lawn completely watered and then it rained.. He had one of his friends comment that they got about seven or eight raindrops from that same storm and I thought must be nice, I don't think we even got that much, and we live some eight blocks away from him.. 

It had been a fairly nice late spring up until this past Tuesday night when we FINALLY GOT RAIN.. You read that right we got what I thought we might not ever get, a nice rain with bit sized hail (very small bits of hail, nothing to worry about)  and when all was said and done we got six tenths of an inch in the rain gauge.. I could handle that every week.. Won't happen but it would be nice and without the drama of tornadoes..


Scrabble just got extremely fun again..  It was always fun, but lately it was less fun.. Then I tried to play the next level up... I had been playing the intermediate level for forever it seems like.. There are eight levels and I got comfortable playing the third level or the intermediate level to the point of being bored with it.. So I tried the next level.. I tried the next level before, and in fact I have played every level just to see the difference from each.. The next level is veteran and it was a test of how well I could stay with the computer.. I always can stay fairly close but I came close a few times.. Close enough to keep playing that level.. Now I can't say there weren't some serious blowouts.. Anything over twenty is a serious loss for me.. But then after five losing efforts I WON .. And then after a few more games I won again.. There is a different strategy when playing the next level up.. Not just better words but some easier words when played right can yield massive points.. Then I played the next level which is called smart.. I haven't beaten it yet but I came within ten of a win yesterday.. By the way did I mention I play every game now timed??  Ten minutes is the game length and most of the time they only go five.. Today I was waiting for mom and played the intermediate level and it was so much easier and won all the games and one of the games was a three minute affair..  Quite quick..





 Boots acquired recently... I got to tell you the ease of finding these is amazing.. The Soft White Underbelly was a concert I never thought I would ever see.. I knew they played that way but never thought they ever got recorded that way..
 Brownsville Station, a quick three song set.. Smokin' In The Boys Room sounds like Motley Crue doing it..
 The guy uploaded the disc with Bob Welch on it in tribute to the guy who killed himself yesterday.. Originally he was going to load only disc one but then loaded the whole show..   What's best is he is part of the Blogger community.. So he was easy to find..

I saw the entry they did on TPB yesterday.. They are praising the MPAA for what they are doing to prevent people from finding their (TPB) site.. You make it harder to access and people will want it more.. I got them in my RSS reader, I beat all the attempts to shut them down..   And TPB continues to grow, showing that the more you try to keep people from using their site, the more people will use it.. 
BH

No comments:

Post a Comment