Wednesday, June 6, 2012

BIKER LIKE AN IKON

 The strange and yet cool at the same time Storm Glass that mom thought would be cool to give to each of us guys for Christmas this past year.. Everyday has been an adventure of sorts to look at this thing.. When it forms clouds in it that can mean different things at different times of the year.. It is clear now and has been for the past three or four days.. It is amazing to see it be clear as if all there is in there is liquid.. Where does that white stuff go??  Then tomorrow it might return..  Nice today?? Don't bet on it.. 















Remember when I was saying we need rain???  We NEEEED rain.. Well we might get it today.. I was talking to mom yesterday and I was telling her the wheat looks so horrible this year a complete 180 degree from last year when it rained through a lot of the spring and June as well.. This year no rain in spring and the developing months which means the heads are small or not there at all..  But today that all changes, today we will more than likely get rain and hail and all sorts of crappy assed weather.. A flood??  Not out of the question, Sidney hasn't had a flooding rain yet.. Wasn't it about a year ago that that hail storm wreaked havoc??  About a year ago in town and then ten days later here in the pole, same shitfuck..  Yesterdays wind fun didn't cost us anything so far as I can tell, just some nervous moments that my dream from a couple weeks ago might come true in opposite direction..

I took the Google maps for another excursion yesterday.. This time I tried to see where grandma lived there outside of Silt Co. but it wasn't to happen.. I thought it might be the Google maps didn't work last night but it did let me look at Silt, but then it ended at the west end of town.. Bummer... I then went to Glennwood Springs to look around a little, saw the hotel we stayed at on one of the trips we went on.. Might have been the year we went... Maybe not though, not sure..

Still trying to think of why I had to go look at the old haunts in FC the other day.. After dad passed away I seemed so gungho to take his unused dialysate solution down there.. I think there was a feeling in my mind that he was still there although I know he was not and is not.. 

Speaking of dad, yesterday I saw a guy who reminded me of him..  Something in the way he was moving reminded me of dad.. That happens every now and then..  A few years ago I swore I saw dad driving of all things a white Buick LeSabre and he just reminded me of dad..  Kind of a deja vu thing..

Suddenly I don't feel so bad, after driving around town here and Sidney everybody's grass looks like shit.. Except for those with automatic sprinkler systems, which should have full green lawns but even some of them don't... Then there are those with xeriscape.. There was a front and actually full yard of river rocks.. They look good now but in a year or two they get weedy.. They all do.. I like xeriscapes and like the idea of saving water that way but they do get weedy even if you use the solid weed block plastic lining.. Weeds grow on a spec of dirt.. I like the idea of them, and have had a few areas set that way, and would love nothing more than to have a lot of the yard be that way because I think where it comes to watering the plants or my self.. I win out, sorry grass you can BURN...  






BH

No comments:

Post a Comment