Tuesday, June 12, 2012

and then ... SPLAIN IT..
















Call it an idea that backfired but I tried something Sunday that did the exact opposite of what I thought would happen here at the old PNOP.. Was trying an idea that didn't backfire completely but did NOT result in what I was hopping for..  I was trying to double my viewership with a little experiment.. But like everything else it was a trial thing.. Unless something changes in the next few days it will be judged by me as a failure.. 

On the program front as I said in an earlier entry Firefox is now the thirteenth version which means???  There were things they tried on the Aurora (firefox developers browser) including the "speed dial" idea that every browser has borrowed from Opera but not gotten as well defined..  Firefox thirteen is ok but I'm sure the fourteenth will be better.. Already there are problems with thirteen that should have been fixed before release.. Aurora browser seems to eat all my resources so running it has become a chore and I find myself not wanting to start it up except that I feel some obligation to do so in hopes that it will help make the next FF browser better.. Firefox constantly crashes on startup and I still blame the i-Google homepage so I deleted another gadget and hope that eventually I will nail enough to get the browser to work from startup..

A site I have been following via RSS feed as well as Facebook is the "Uncommon Sense" site that has stories about a young girl named Maya.. Maya has trouble communicating, in fact she can't speak for whatever the reason.. She has recently been able to communicate using a program on the i-pad.. But the company that makes the app is trying to take it down and get rid of it and these people are trying like hell to keep it.. They have tried other computer programs but nothing else has ever worked..  it's an interesting thing to read and I have posted a few of the stories to my Twitter account.. Using my Facebook seems futile since I have over a hundred followers on Twitter and the possibility of thousands seeing the twitter.. I get peoples tweets that I don't subscribe too all the time so I hope some of mine "bleed" over to other peoples..


BH

No comments:

Post a Comment