Monday, June 18, 2012

THERE HE'S GOT IT..
































Yesterday's entry was hard to get going on.. I had three or four ideas, and like I said I am trying to have Sundays be music related so I had a great number of ideas before sitting down yesterday.. What I wasn't counting on was not finding the song I really wanted.. "Everything", I was looking for the song on you tube and it just wasn't to be found.. They have that Buble song everything but that just wasn't what I wanted..   I had just listened to the song on Saturday (cranked that sucker up).. Michael Stanley (not to be confused with Paul Stanley) is a mid west rocker from Cleveland and most of his songs reflect the area he lives in.. The north shore, I always wondered what that meant but figured it out once I found out where he called home.. Anyway this song is one of my favorites by him as well as Somewhere in the night.. Anything off his two best ofs as well as the two live albums are quite good..  The reason I said "I'll see how much trouble this gets me into"  is because on videos that I had put up on Youtube that had more than thirty consecutive seconds of music I got told to either contact the rights holder for permission/royalties payment or they would take the sound off of the videos.. I took the videos down immediately rather than cause a problem, so that was a video with music that was in the background.. Guess what this could do as music as the main thing that is there??  I'm hoping they just tell me to get the rights or take it down.. They could also remove my channel from Youtube, which people have had happen.. I would start a new channel maybe at youtube, maybe at break or one of the other many sites available.. Youtube is just so well known .. 

While I started the video selection process for yesterdays entry I thought I would do a quick get the song transferred to the file format for upload.. Everything about the previous entry was a buggar.. But as they say some things are better when it takes some effort (Ok I don't know if anyone ever said that one, sounds a bit cheesy to me but.. ok there I said it.I AM CHEESY)..   I started actually trying to put the video together at about five.. When it wasn't working right I went off and did  few other things all the while questioning why didn't that work right?? Then I thought of what might be the problem but when I checked it that wasn't it.. Then I Googled the issue, and then before I found the answer in Google (we trust) I figured it out on my own, or thought I did.. Each picture represents seven seconds of the song making the video.. And so I thought I would just get forty pictures of the Earth to be the backdrop to the song, what represents everything more than the Earth?? Well making a copy of that file forty times seemed like more work and what if that isn't the answer.. So I would go the easy route but what should I use??  I figured I might only get one shot at this so rather than use just a bunch of pictures I would use the engagement pics of Jordan and Adam.. And so I did but even at that there weren't enough so what to use??  Then I figured out to just double the run.. So every picture would be doubled.. After setting the pictures in the program I played the song and IT WORKED!!   I was happy as a shit house mouse and fairly excited.. But it ended up being about eight pictures more than I needed so I took a few of them off the running order.. Some were shortened to one picture rather than two and two pictures (the ones of my site here)  and one that wasn't cropped and saved as is..  When I set out about getting it done it took less than an hour to complete..Then uploading to the YB and setting to here (PNOP) and a short BS about how it went and then.. There it was slightly more than an hour after starting, Six if you count the original entry intent although like I said the original was completely different from what ended up being since the saga of making the video was.. Right another long assed explanation..

The lawn project:  Last week I finally decided to give the lawn a final go of it.. I got that quick patch grass seed and raked the areas that looked horrible and seeded the areas.. After doing this and figuring that the watering that it will take might make the grass grow anyway weather I did anything like that or not but.. But I thought after that that I will try to give this a two week try and if it doesn't get going I will till those areas  and replant that way.. It might work and it might not.. It might be too hot.. But if I try any grass seed it will be a variety that takes less water.. If there is such a thing.. 

BH

No comments:

Post a Comment