Tuesday, June 5, 2012

TUESDAY'S ENTRY EARLY

I was looking for a channel on the XM Radio lineup to see where it might be at, because it was there and now it is taken over by tennis, and before that it seemed to be taken over by golf..  I was looking at the lineup of channels and saw the amount of online fare and then thought well what does i-tunes have on their site and checked and they have a ton of online radio..  Just stunned that XM has as much offered exclusively online and wondered why they have it that way.. It can't be that great, the channels that aren't offered exclusively online have shallow playlists.. My little brother had XM and then switched to Sirius and said that Sirius had the deeper playlists but I never argued the point that in fact XM had the deeper playlists because I have heard all the songs they play on some of the channels.. Seriously you would think it would be next to impossible to hear every song that a radio channel plays or has to offer but I can say with very little doubt that I pretty much have heard all they will play.. and it doesn't take long to listen to hear them play a song twice in a day, or play the same songs in the same order.  Kinda sad.. It's one of the reasons I listen to the talk part of the radio.. That and all the music I like I can play on the computer.. My "rock at random" or actually what I designed my collection on here on the computer was that channel on the old XM dial called Fine Tuning.. I loved that channel because it could be playing any music, any song by any group.. It's how I got into some of the groups I got into.. Groups like Stratavarius..



Before logging off yesterday, I did something that might seem rather weird or strange and I can't explain why I did it either.. Just a thought that sprang into my head, an excursion to somewhere via Google maps... I decided for whatever the reason to take Google maps or a trek somewhere sort of familiar, just to see if I could find my way around a little.. I was checking something and an idea hit me to try this out.. I went to see if I could find the kidney center in Fort Collins and then Poudre valley..  It was strange and like I said I don't know why I did that.. Originally I found the street that ran north south in front of the hospital.. I couldn't remember what the name was exactly but when I saw the "picture" it started to come back a little.. The front facing the west was not too familiar because I nearly never went that way.. I'm a creature of habit and when I figure out how to get there one way, the easiest way I try to stick with it.. There is now a cat walk across the street where there wasn't before...  in the back I saw the way we entered all those times way back then although the street didn't continue as far as I wished it would have, maybe the update will show that far.. The old parking lots were there, the same as then..   Then I went to find the kidney center.. it was out of the way a little bit and I remember when Bob took us the very first time how it defied logic to be almost unfindable.. But we found it, and this was the same when I went down that stretch of street.. My heart pounding as I got as far again as the white line will take me.. I saw the building that looked like a bunker, gray outer building that looked identical to 2003..  The pictures were from 2007 so again it might look completely different now.. The red maple trees that inspired us to plant a tree of the same type as a memorial to dad..  The pictures of that site were either late afternoon/early evening or early morning before they opened because there weren't but two cars on the lot, and that place is the very definition of BUSY...  And it is probably busier now, this many years later..   I wanted to look for that Walmart we went to those times but ... Maybe on another day.. Then just before I logged off I went and looked for the Presbeterian (spelling) just to see if it looked familiar.. And only slightly.. But then that was twenty plus years ago... But as I was looking at it I thought of when me and mom were there that week.. The adventures we took, the chances we took.. Went to the zoo, walked to the zoo, the museum..  Me and mom...The adventurists, coming to a theater near you late summer.. 

I made the comment that I thought I could give the lawn  a five.. That was optimistic as hell, it is still more like a three and a half... While I will still mow the entire lawn, it still won't all need to be mowed..





















Stunned is the word to use and I will use it here..  The plants I started from seed are all looking fantastic.. I have started from seed before with that black end crap setting on when the tomatoes were about completely mature.. That was with old seeds, and something I didn't know then was that seeds are genetically engineered to only last a year. Don't ask me how they do it, but last year was proof positive that seeds go bad really fast when I tried to plant some "old" seeds and got squat for the effort..   old seeds as in one year beyond their date of use..  The Roma tomato looks fantastic and all the peppers are looking great.. The abandoning this idea won't happen.. I was set to abort by Fathers day if these plants didn't show signs of life, but they are all growing better than expected.. And the soil I have them in, that Scotts top soil, in the Earth box they are growing great.. The other planters had a mix of the Scotts and miracle gro top soil as well as potting mix and shake n feed and other things.. A nice blend I guess..

BH

No comments:

Post a Comment