Monday, June 11, 2012

THAT'S WHEN IT STARTED TO MAKE SENSE



















 This one .. explains itself.. 






The grass is getting better.. The rain we got was a big help but like I said a quarter of an inch of rain every week for the next six to eight weeks would make the grass green in time for the labor day holiday.. MAYBE..



The entry from yesterday, That took three hours to complete.. How sad, but you know I think it was worth it.. However I know some of the millennium entries weren't right. By the time I got to that point I was about to give up but realized I was almost done so I trudged on.. Onward and ... How's that go??

Saw where Hannah Weddell was back home in Perth after a successful chase season.. In felt shorter than five weeks.. I kept hopping to see the chaser vehicle she was in up in our area when the storm was here but she was on a plain by then.. Like I said it felt like a quick five week period.. 

Took the Google maps for a quick look see again.. Went to the place in Sterling where dad got that drink that he got when he was doing the dialysis.. Ensure was a high protein drink to help him keep some energy..  I don't know why I have done those sites the past few days..  Then there was the dialysis center in Sterling where for about a month we took dad to have him do hemo-dialysis, while the tube in his abdomen got situated for his eventual peritoneal dialysis which he would do on himself and be the cause of his eventual death (although never confirmed as the cause)...  The times when he had troubles after coming out of that center after a treatment..  They will be the most memorable because I couldn't believe he could be that wrung out, he was fine going in.. And we (I) still wonder if he had still been doing the treatments down there if he might still be alive today.  He had more troubles with being constipated, and would have regular troubles and they said not to push with excessive force.. Like I've said elsewhere I now know ways to keep that from happening but am not sure he could do any of them..  Drinking a lot of Apple juice or just about any juice can help.. Eating apples...  I just never thought anything would happen to dad.. Looking back there were signs, I mean being on dialysis is the true end game.. A true indicator that the end is very close at hand..   Sadly there were so many things I chose to ignore.. I was in the walmart recently and he had said he had fallen a few times in that store and every now and then I think of that when I'm in there.. I know I wish now that I had gone with him more to the stores and been there to help or try to help when he was there but unlike mom he seemed capable of walking fairly well unassisted so I didn't feel any urgency to be there with him.. I did go when he went to Cheyenne or Fort Collins.. I now wish I would have gone on a few trips just to Sidney..  But like I said, he seemed quite capable of getting around locally on his own.. The last year he was alive he could only be away from home for four hours because that was how often he had to change the solution in his abdomen.. That was interesting to see and observe how that worked but it was so... Touchy.. So ... The house here is the furthest thing from clean and sterile might happen in dreams.. There was neither here for that kind of activity to happen here but they talked dad into doing that and so..  I'm starting to think of that night when it all started to go south..  Too sad to start... Too..   much... too    much...

BH     (cd)

No comments:

Post a Comment