Friday, June 1, 2012

CENTER OF THE SUN

I thought I'd do a sort of comparison entry today.. Compare certain types of music from one to another.. My taste has changed a lot from when I was younger as everyone's does.. There is still a feel from when I was younger and I put certain songs by groups in a category that still makes it mine and my taste (did that make sense??  probably not).. In earlier entries I made reference to a certain persons taste in music being so far and away from anything she had ever listened to before but maybe not that far away.. Truth is her husband, my little brother, also listens to this type of music and it is a huge stretch away from anything he ever listened to before.. So here we go.. First off:::::  ATB


ATB  is AndrĂ© Tanneberger   of German decent, he is a dj and writes a lot of great music and a lot of the type of music that is of the dubstep movement.. But I always said I would listen to a group and see if there is anything I can find worth a listen.. Here is one:COULD YOU BELIEVE^

Also from the same recording sessions: RIGHT BACK^

Then there is a really cool artist as mentioned in an earlier entry from the Salt Lake City area.. KASKADE check out yet a different sound and feel in  a song called MOVE FOR ME  featuring the vocals of Haley Gibby^

ANGEL ON MY SHOULDER from the same album Strobelite Seductions:^


And then the haunting I REMEMBER    from Strobelite^


Now we move away from the dub movement and head into what I like.. More of an instrumental style of music, or CHILL.. Has a slower tempo at times just as electronic but in this instance a nice transition starting off with the mastermind that is Mars Lasar:  Check out CELLULAR CITY  from the Eleventh Hour album..^

He had so great of success with the Eleventh Hour album that he did a sequal and called it  11:02  from that album is CYBER CITY..^

Probably the prettiest song I have ever heard ..  AMY'S LULLABY From the Eleventh Hour album.^.


Conjure One was an accidental find for me, I found this song as part of a CHILL mix that was the second or third track in what is a nearly hour and a half "song" sort of the way they do that dub shit only in this case this is true CHILL.. Enjoy  CENTER OF THE SUN.. ^



There will be an entry for this next group sometime in the future.. TANGERINE DREAM, This song was from a recent album Springtime In Nagasaki and was a four album project they did for  Japan, four seasons in Japan sort of idea.. A really cool and memorable song.. They will or are touring America this summer for the first time in years.. ^

Finally here is Paul Haslinger, WORLD WITHOUT RULES.. Paul does soundtracks for a great many movies that are out there today.. Originally a member of Tangerine Dream after they became "big"..  Big in quotations because they never really got huge as in Pink Floyd or Beatles big, but big in the underground  sort of being.. I think Paul Haslinger makes a really good living doing... this...^ \/

So what is the biggest difference between the music??  True dubstep I didn't put a representation here because personally I can't really stand the fifteen minute opus that each track seems to thrive on.. To me it is mind numbing tweeker candy..  Not my cup of tea...  So the dub, or dance version is what I went with here.. And to give an idea of how great the music side of the artist in ATB can be.. FIRST LOVE:\/
BH

(the ^ and \/ are directions for where the song that I am writing about)

No comments:

Post a Comment