Sunday, June 24, 2012

HOPT THE TRAIN TO HAPPY

I wasn't going to bother doing a music entry today but then my attitude got the best of me so here we go.   First off is "You're Breaking My Heart" by Harry Nilson.. This just sets the tone right off for how I feel at the moment and for no other reason than the fact that my arm keeps sticking to the desk as I try to type from all the heat and humidity.. 

The reason I got into Jefferson Starship was the sense of humour they add to the songs.. "Stairway To Cleveland" could easily fit the bill as an anti establishment rock anthem, a way to tell everyone to.. Well listen to the song and get the picture..

Alice Cooper's "Nuclear Infected" for no other reason than to put the song that my first (?) Myspace was called.. Or was it my first Facebook site?.. Not sure really.. I was looking for a really good version of the way he does School's Out, with the We don't need no education added to it, but couldn't find anything but audience recordings.. I saw a really good version recorded from the Download festival the other night on VH 1 Classic, they talked to him a little about the latest tour he is on..

Initially I came across The Answer on a site that had music offered via illegal acquisition (Multiply) and I thought the site was more into religious type of music but I thought I'd give this band a try and boy was I glad I did.. The Answer are a rock group from the same city as the original Thin Lizzy were from, Dublin Ireland... Tonight has a hook that sounds very familiar, but still quite good and there aren't too many duds on their albums.. 

Here's the hook I think it sounds like this, maybe I'm wrong.. A lot of groups have this type of thing where they might have heard a song and they incorporate a bit of that song into theirs.. Did The Answer do this?  I doubt it.. This version of "Swear Your Love" is slightly different from the album version but it is the first little bit that I was after (the chorus, which on the album version happens after the verse but this is a dreaded remix type of thing).. And was included here only for that reason although I do like the original album version..

I'm usually not a big fan of cover songs, but in this case I really liked this one .. : "I Am A  Rock" covered by April Wine..  What can I say, this was a tough one to find on the "tube" so I made this version.. Crank it up!!


Next week, Sunday Sunday Sunday, will be another treat I'm sure.. Enjoy the coverage..  That might be the entry.. Cover songs, there are a lot to chose from if I can find them on Youtube, and if not I'll make them myself..  This is making doing music entries a lot easier when I can make the videos myself..


BH  (Echo chamber)

 


No comments:

Post a Comment