Saturday, June 16, 2012

THAT DEJA VU GET'S OVERWHELMING SOMETIMES

 I was looking for a few pictures in my collection and came across the fotolab folder(s)..  In the beginning I did a few ideas, this one of Jordan was inspired by a project my uncle did.. He took a picture of John Elway (at the time he was just retired from the Broncos) and put it in a five dollar bill.. Made it look real except that the picture of John was in colour and the rest of the money was the green colour it normally is..
 This one of Marty Feldman over a nice looking woman was a perv. feel to it shot..
 Skootr is always ready for the helping, where she can..
 "Yeah, but this is all mine, RIGHT?"
 A few years back Jordan put some pictures she took of one of her friends on her Facebook and I took some and tried to change them a bit..  The one on the right was the original...

 Film noir effect in PdN..

 This picture was basically taking one of the i-tunes cards and putting Ian (way back when) in the corner.. The idea is that the day is fast approaching when he will not know what a compact disc is, a store bought cd is..
 Bunk house.. Way the hell and gone up on the side of a mountain at the old hundred mine outside of Silverton Co.

 The picture of a house on the prairie  and the effect had to come from Adobe photoshop..

 "Park avenue" in the Arches National Park out by Moab Utah.. I wish this showed depth that was there.. Anyway why this is here; I took the Google Earth for a spin yesterday and again earlier today and just for the S&G's I went to Moab, and checked the town out.. It won't show going into the park but it will show a different perspective..

Not sure which of the attractions in the Arches Park this is but the camera effect is whatever the Panasonic video cam has on it, or it happened this way on it's own..  I tried to get this same effect using the old video cam way back when we went there in the nineties sometime.. The old video camera that I seemed like I was lucky enough to be the one to get to use it..

Another of the Park Avenue set.. I was looking at the pictures today and.. Well let me start from the beginning, I was looking for some pictures and some were from this very trip and I couldn't find them.. I thought I only had two flashdrives with pictures like this on, but I found the third, and it had the majority of the new camera pictures on it.. Anyway this was another picture from the park ave. I think.. Lack of depth on the camera makes some of these pictures have that "use your imagination" look and feel to them..

This picture of mom and a younger Ian was done after we got back from our trip to Moab that year and Lucy saying she was going to Poland and taking Ian with her was tearing mom apart.. And so I made a few pictures like this to try to manipulate the situation in moms favor with no luck whatsoever..

Possibly the grandest arch of them all, the delicate arch taken from something like three miles away.. The zoom on the Panasonic is fantastic, but I can't hold still well enough to get some pictures without a tripod.. I can't remember if I had the pod with me for this one or not, I did have it that day.. I remember taking it..

Why a picture of  a tunnel??  Why not...



 In the beginning I was experimenting with the Kodak camera and trying this out.. What this picture of Tabitha was the result of is beyond me right now.. I was trying different household objects as filters. Not sure what I used here..


Two pictures become one: Jordan took pictures in the "outback" and the results were some really interesting pictures.. I think these were when she was still in high school..  They don't completely match up right but I think I was still new to the Pdn picture program..  I might could do better now.. Maybe..  The B&W version makes the mistakes look less obvious..

The original picture of Marty Feldman from the Young Frakenstein movie..

The use of the "curves" setting in any photo manipulation program can yield some really interesting stuff when used to it's extreme..  In this case this is a picture of Donald when he was at the height of his playing days with his band the terra nova punch drunk monkey's..

Pictures that move (this one and the one above) that make you feel queezy are called gif files.. I put gifs on here from time to time when I find one that is interesting.. I wish I could figure out how to make them.. But you  can't have everything I guess..


 Jordan in pastel effect, this was one of the first pictures I did of the pastel effect, I remember getting it when I checked the developers forum for PdN..  I placed the original in the bottom right hand corner..

The bridge pics:  I wanted this first picture so bad that I extended the middle post.. I should have extended them all but I think I gave up on the picture..

The picture with Jordan was taken from (?) session and put on the bridge..  Making it look natural, like she was in fact there, couldn't be done..  It was just an experiment, an attempt to do something like this and eventually be more successful on other pictures down the road..

The "Ink Sketch" effect for effect.. Effect for effect, that's what they say and so shall I..



I'm not sure why I went and looked at the sites where we went with dad in the last little bit of his life.. After looking at the dialysis center and the center where we got that ensure protein stuff I just sort of fell on my head.. Just every other step I took I kept thinking of dad and those times.. They are the most memorable times, but they are also the most overwhelming as well..  Then I thought of when Jordan got engaged how as we get closer to her wedding day how I think mom thinks of dad, because I think of dad and how he would have felt.. Everything combined, Jordan getting married and Tabitha having those babies.. I think dad would be getting really excited about everything.. I wish he were here to see everything..  It would have been  great to be with him for this summer, late summer...


For whatever the reason, and I've said this on a few earlier entries, I am taking the Google Earth/maps for a spin more and more lately..  Checked out  Salina, Utah and then Richfield, Utah   The Salina trip was to see if I could jar my memory of where Toad lived just before going into the rest home.. It is really strange to go somewhere that way.. I guessed three times and on the third try I found it.. The apartment  complex in Salina.. I couldn't find the exact place (doorstop) but did see the complex or set of apartments there.. Funny how that was, I was there twice.. The first time to get things situated on that Friday and then that Saturday to get things loaded up to take to various places, mostly storage and the nursing home.. There was a funny story on that, I wasn't there thankfully..  I stayed behind and helped load a few more things.. Then we went to Richfield to unload some things at the nursing home and Nene's father in-laws place..


BH



No comments:

Post a Comment