Tuesday, May 22, 2012

AND THEN SUMMER AND THE DOG DAYS START..

 ....Early and often.. I'm not  a fan of hot weather and I know there are people who will say they would rather be hot than cold.. We didn't really have a winter this year.. It got cold for a bit, but if I knew it wasn't going to freeze after ground hog day, I would have started watering the lawn then and started mowing in march... 

Hello people, it's your gripe master back from a two day lay off.. I did put some entries on but they were music lyrics driven.. Sundays entry was Indiscipline by the greatest progressive rock bands of all time, King Crimson.. They started the genre and everyone else jumped on board.. This version is just one of many, I'm not sure they ever played the song the same way twice, I have five different versions on compact disc.. But they are all very good versions with my definitive version being on the Cirkus compilation of the best of live Crim..

Just how bad can a tornado be??  This picture here taken by Hannah Waddell shows just how bad it can be.. While a picture of houses and homes being littered across blocks of towns shows a lot, this is a little less dramatic but still packs a punch.. A fence gate wrapped around a fence post.. One of the best shots I have ever seen of the aftermath of a tornado.. It might not have happened this year, or maybe it did.. At any rate check out her facebook page and "like" her.. She is here for the next month or so from Australia, her second tour that I know of here in north America during hell (tornado) season...

Planted the Earth box a couple weeks ago and the plants are showing signs of life.. I was on the verge of giving up and starting with plants from the stores but, I will stay the course and see what grows and hope they produce..   At least until Fathers day... 

The grass is growing.. And a mowing will happen maybe Friday.. Good times great oldies..

Ran into a guy at Walmart that runs the local bar here in town and he had like four gallon jugs of booze and I asked if he was gonna go on a binge and he said no that buying it at walmart was cheaper than buying it at his store..  What a shitter.. Something about the Nebraska liquer tax or some odd shit.. Awe what a state we live in..

We started getting the siding today.. Well the window splashing was done today.. Getting the siding later this week supposedly.. However I might say sure it will happen in full doubt, the guy called last night at supper time and said he would be here early this morning to do the splashing I told mom and then said early in the morning I figured meant about noon.. To my surprise there was some odd noises coming from the yard early this morning.. just after six this morning.. Very well then, if he says he will be here Thursday or Friday, maybe he will be here.. I didn't ask which Thursday or Friday but hopefully it will be this week??

As I said the last two entries were song lyrics generated.. I really don't listen that closely to songs, lyric content isn't what catches my ear, that being said rap has never had a place in my collection.. I have more classical music than anything remotely resembling rap..    Anyway I kept thinking about what I was going to write about Sunday and then again yesterday and the song Indiscipline was going through my head "I repeat myself when under stress"  and so Sundays entry was easy once I found the song lyrics on line.. Then yesterdays entry with School's Out by Alice Cooper because it's that time of year when kids get out of school (prison) for a while..

Getting out of school, or the last days of school were different as I got older.. Cleaning out the lockers, and finding things I hadn't seen since October... The picnics  at the park or the "educational" trips to different sites..  Touring the old 7-up bottling plant in Sidney (how old does that make me??)...  Touring the old phone company building.. The radio station..  Going out to the old rush creek place...   The teachers "giving" books away, text books every now and then.. One year I actually got the teachers version of the book.. Of course they would change the next year and in fact those old books weren't used that year or the previous few.. When I think now it was more than likely a way for the teachers to throw the books away without over taxing the trash bin at the school..

I do want to do an entry about the music I started listening to and the influence of who started me listening to that.. I have thought about it and while I did an entry like this on another blog site, I think with a little time to think of the presentation I might get a better result.. Or not.. Not sure how to really go about it.. It might take a while to fully produce the way I want it to be.. My taste in music is vast.. Bigger than I thought it would ever be, and it continues to expand with music in America stagnant, I have turned to the rest of the world and have had great success finding music from a great many places...


BH









No comments:

Post a Comment