Wednesday, May 9, 2012

AND THEN








 Millers everywhere!!  From a week or so ago we were getting millers (moths) in the house here and it is a yearly passage from winter to spring we get these things.. But they haven't been this bad since.. Well this century that I can recall.. Strange how that is to say.. This century, in the thirteenth year..  I made a comment on Facebook that I thought we went from having easily a hundred millers to possibly close to a thousand.. The walls were crawling with them last night.. I've got to think they are close to their peek now.. If I remember right they should start becoming less Memorial day .. I hope anyway..

SKOOTR Has been in heaven with the onset (onslaught) of all the bugs brought on by spring, but recently with all the millers around she looks frazzled.. I saw her on her favorite perch in the kitchen one night and went over to her with all the bugs flying around the kitchen light she looked maybe confused..  I thought this cat could easily be in heaven and hell at the same time, so many bugs so little time.. 

The siding guy (roofing guy) came by a few weeks ago to assure mom she was still going to get siding, but he had to recheck the measurements and everything.. The company that did the roof is also the one set to do the siding but with a problem... I knew this was coming.. The guy who quoted the job last summer has turned up sick with some serious ailment and won't be back for quite some time if at all.. And so we get the young buck who is doing things by the book, and even though we got a quote for the whole job last summer, this guy is going to try to screw mom out of some of the job.. Or more money more than likely, but it is like I told mom, she got a quote for the siding and everything that was to be done last year and it should be done for that price even though the price of materials might have gone up.. If they bit off more than they could chew they should still do it at that price.. It's not our fault they either forgot about us or they had too many jobs and couldn't fit us in.. I think that is what happened, but it doesn't matter, they should still do it for the price quoted last year.. If you take a loss on the job then let that be a lesson and not get that overbooked for jobs.. The weather couldn't be blamed for not getting to the job, it was nice all fall until it snowed but even at that there was plenty opportunity to get to it before it got seriously cold,,  But we will get screwed, it's just the way it is..

The Tabitha saga continues.. She has been home for over a week now and hasn't bothered calling her grandma at all.. Mom did try to call several times over the weekend but couldn't get through to her.. It's like I told mom, before Tabitha went to Tennessee we rarely saw her, maybe two or three times a year and so with her being in Tennessee things would be only slightly different.. and when she got back it was still the same.. No big deal we just don't see her at all...  or hear from her and never really did.. It was the one thing about Skype that I didn't like.. Well one of the things I didn't like about Skype.. The fact that it was free made it seem like the perfect thing to use to talk to people, but the price was wrong I guess,, if it cost something maybe people would use it.. Strange how that works.. I didn't use it but twice in the year I had it on this computer and last March, about a month before Lucy got back, I deleted it.. Then reacquired it for a few months and then deleted it for good in November and won't get it back..

Yesterday I deleted Aurora browser from moms computer.. It just was beyond my idea to have it on there.. it never worked right on that at all.. Thought it did at first but I was using my imagination, it just wasn't a good fit and I use Opera browser more on that computer, and it seems like the perfect browser for that computer..

BH

No comments:

Post a Comment