Friday, May 18, 2012

BOTH OARS IN THE WATER

 First things right out of the banjo here, I woke up this morning with ideas just tripping to get out of my head and written here and I would roll over and think "that's a good idea, that I'll write about" and just sure as shittin' I lost pretty much every idea as the brain cells gradually woke up, or went to sleep as it feels that is what happens dammit..  

Had a chat with the brother (Bob) last night via FB I.M. and it was good to hear from him. The subject quickly turned to Tabitha as I had read the family blog the day or so before and Freda's getting tired of the hospital life.. Imagine that, the seemingly snails pace of that.. She stays there for what was more than likely the longest week of her life.. I remember when dad was in the hospital (whichever time, you pick it) and although, say such as when he had that tube put in for the eventual peratenial dialysis, when we would call to check on him we got no information even though we were direct relatives. The freedom of no information act or whatever that horseshit is.. And the time just before he died where we did go and see him but leave because it was tough to be there, we saw the doctors maybe three times total while he was in the hospital there at the end..  I guess my point is that the frustration that Freda felt during the week at the hospital is what we would have endured if we would have stayed during dads ordeal... I don't know which would be worse trying to know or not being able to know... 

I woke up this morning, like I said (I told you...  one of Ians new favorite things  to say, that and nothing dear... what an odd little man) and started the reader here and the first thing that it said was from a software site and it had a new image enhancer.. And you know me, I'm all for giving a program like that a spin, kick the tires as it were.. Not sure how good it is but here is the link to the site : http://www.ononesoftware.com/  

The one thing I didn't like about getting it right off was the fact that I had to sign up and give my email address to get a link to get it.. But I wanted to try it so I jumped through the hoops to get it.. Tried it and truth be told I want to say it is a good and easy program but.. I think picasa works better as a basic photo program and of course most everyone who reads this site knows I really like PaintdotNET.. But I will give this one a shot.. Why not..






 I uploaded a few videos the other night of the Ian intimate concert he gave while in the car last week.. What I am losing tolerance for with youtube is this.. In the past it would be a ratio of about ten minutes upload time for one minute of video or written in a ratio it would read 10:1  .. The other night it changed.. It took four hours to upload about three minutes of video.. That.. is...  a    crock  of    shit... So I think I'm gonna maybe look around for a different site to put my videos.. I'll check to see why it takes a lifetime to upload a few minutes of video.. I have changed my videos to the avi format and have never had this much trouble uploading them to youtube.  I can convert to just about any file format so if it is easier to load in mp4 or whatever I can get it there and send it up. But if it doesn't matter what file format I use (if it still goes snails pace slow) then I will change to another site..

BH

No comments:

Post a Comment