Saturday, May 5, 2012

BROKEN KNEECAPS & STOLEN HUBCAPS

 Yesterday was a catch up on yard work day.. I needed to get the yard sprayed for weeds and stuff.. The bottle said make sure the grass and everything was a little wet so I watered it a bit and that gave me a chance to test the timer and see if it works for yet one more year.. It started watering right away which was a surprise since I hadn't set the timer yet so there was trouble there.. It double clicked which means??  I took it apart and found the part I was hoping needed a drop of oil was sealed.. No access at all so I put it back together again and tried the next idea, another set of batteries.. Instead of using regular double A batteries I took the last two out of the camera case and tried them knowing these are serious heavy duty and at first I didn't think it worked any better but as it turns out I think it does work better so I'll give this a try.. It's a cheaper fix than buying new and I want a timer on the lawn watering.. Makes more sense to me.. The garden water timer I haven't started yet, that will be in the next week or so but isn't as important as the lawn one.. Unless we go somewhere sometime I shouldn't need the garden timer at all, it's just really convenient to have a timer on the garden.. Constant water amount is good rather than ten minutes one day and half an hour the next..

With the part of the ramp out of the garden I turned that area over with the tiller and buried some more yard waste.. Totally stunned that while watering in that stuff afterwards I went over it with the tiller and it was dry.. The very top was just wet(ish) the rest was just dry as  a bone.. Then I moved the grass  clippings over and tilled the part where I hope to get the pumpkin seeds in shortly.. Then I took the tiller around the outer part of the planter and close to the phone box hookup thing the tiller bounced back and jammed my elbow.. The words ouch followed by a few other choice words came right out and I grabbed my arm.. It was locked again (not that it is fully unusual for it to lock up, it locks up daily anymore).. This time was different.. This time it really hurt and was locked solid, like the first time some twelve years ago... As I grabbed my arm the thought of how to unlock it came to mind and I grabbed my fore arm and tried to start the long process of unlocking it a strange thing happened, it unlocked on it's own..  Later I thought it might be better, maybe it is fixed.. But no it is still just as screwed up as it ever was.. Now it is just swollen up again..

I got the Roma tomatoes transplanted yesterday.. They really started to look big in that salsa starter kit.. I didn't want to thin them anymore.. There was four on Monday, I took one out because it was right on the edge of the planter.. The other three took off so I thought I'd transplant shortly.. Yesterday was the day and after I got them in their new pots they looked sickly on the verge of dead.. I had that line go through my head from the Charlie Brown Christmas "I've killed it.."  So this morning I went out and looked at them and all three are growing extremely well..  Should hail soon I figure...

I tried a few different RSS readers and the one I have settled on called "Feedemon" is pretty much just that, a reader that reads.. Which is good, but does not do email which is what I wanted in a secondary reader.. When it was loading the feeds it showed all the folders, 180 of them, and there is over 1,900 feeds.. What I didn't know and should have figured out was I had 390,000 unread stories.. That is three hundred ninety thousand..  More than I would read in a week which is what the Google reader is set to show.. I controlled that, otherwise it would show everything and all the folders would show everything they have in them all the time..   I use feedemon once in a while, since I did just get it yesterday I can't say it will get used more than Chrome browser.. Speaking of which I keep seeing what Chrome does and can do and is capable of doing and would just love to use it more exclusively except that it still can't handle my home page without sounding like it is about to through a rod..  Maybe that will change sometime.. it is set to be the default browser but still isn't used very much.. It just starts faster than any other browser.. Opera is in third place, Lunascape6 is right there with comodo dragon and slightly ahead of Safari.. 

And now life starts for two girls..  Yesterday they were home and dependent on their parents for everything.. Now they start their lives away from them for good now.. Jordan graduates from college today, gets married in August... Tabitha will have her twins in September (or there abouts) and life speeds up yet some more.. I keep trying to figure out why or how the time flies and lately I've figured it out.. It's kids.. Watching them grow up..  Hard to believe and I've said this so many times but  I remember a night when Bob was taking Tabitha home and she was gnawing on his shoulder as they left the house and I thought it would be like a blink of an eye before she would be graduating from high school and we would be going out their house to go to that ceremony..  Time flies.. And now I've thought the same thing about Ian.. And it seems like he is just a day away from driving.. Two days away from graduation.. Three from being in college...   literally it feels like it is that fast anymore.. Somebody fix the clocks!!


BH






No comments:

Post a Comment