Wednesday, May 30, 2012

SOMETIMES YOU ARE THE YO-YO

 Yesterday's entry was started on Monday afternoon after everybody left and completed yesterday evening around supper time.. It's the first time I spent over  a day getting ideas together and some of them collided as they do even when I write as they hit me.. Sometimes I will write a line or two to start the idea and then go back and expand on the idea.. Sometimes I will write the whole of the idea down, then edit it by adding to or deleting from or reading and not thinking about it at all.. What I should do is write it, then save it, then come back a few hours later and then ....   maybe that is a good idea.. But most of the time (actually all the time) I write it check everything for near completeness then push publish.. Check the entry in the blog structure rather than preview which I could then make certain pictures bigger, rearrange the pictures.. put the videos in the right place, make sure the videos/pictures are the right ones.. Then when I am relatively sure everything is right .. then push publish...  Seems obvious to do that this way, but..  That might be too simple..





 Why Lucy likes this kind of music I figure her brothers like it so.. Lucy, a few years ago asked me what I was listening to and at the time I was listening to MSP  pretty heavy (Manic Street Preachers) and she said she hadn't ever heard of them.. They are a band from   ... well not America of course, sorry.. And at that time I think she was after someone to give her an idea of what was good music.. If I knew the direction she was going to dive into the deep end I would have said here load your i-pod with rock music, stay away from dead ideals.. Oh well, I don't get that "music" and I have tried and even have some songs by artists who do that type of music in ATB  and Kaskade.. Kaskade is from Salt Lake City Utah of all places.. ATB is from New York somewhere I think..  ATB has some downbeat or chill that I like.. Speaking of which I have always been into the opposite of the dub step or whatever that is called, I have always been into a chill type of music movement with groups like Tangerine Dream and Mars Lasar..  Just a cool music form to me.. Dubstep sounds too much like industrial machinery.. Drills and equipment like that and songs that last ten minutes as a short piece and it isn't unheard of for a song to just drag out for a half an hour.. Maybe they don't but it seems like they do.. Lucy brought her i-pod out to the deck Monday and was playing one of those songs and the i-pod speakers leave a lot to be desired like high fidelity .. These are so low-fi and that music is the next thing to barf for me.. Maybe in twenty years I will get into it, like a lot of the music I have gotten into recently.. I'm a good football field behind everyones tastes here in America..  The rest of the world is into rock and singer who sing and not scream.. If you can't sing it don't scream it.. Just don't.. 








Monday night I was down here and Skootr was rolling around in the dining room and so I thought I'd go out and sit on the deck for a bit and as I went out the door I had this feeling of out witting the cat, she couldn't have gotten up and run out the door.. But somehow she did, there she was at the edge of the deck and I said get in... and before I could start to say here she was off  the deck.. So I sat there for a few minutes then headed back in to watch the rest of whatever I was watching figuring she would hit the door like she does and I would get her in.. Meanwhile mom got ready for bed, latched the outer door and shut tight the inner door and so if Skoot went to "knock" on the door, it wasn't going to budge.. I went out and called for her until about eleven, but here she finally came.. dam nut case cat..

I was walking around Walmart yesterday in the electronics department just looking at the "toys" and came across some of these displayed on the shelf by the blue ray players (nearly impossible to find a dvd only player now) and they have a nice selection of web content players such as Roku and Netgear..  And I thought of this before but not too seriously.. My little brother switched exclusively to the Roku for about a year but this past fall (in time for football season) he started to get Directv again.  The promise that there would be more programming like what satellite tv delivers never happened or hadn't happened yet and still hasn't yet.. What might be attractive about getting it here now is one, we have wireless internet so having it anywhere in the house is logical now.. and two, I have looked at Donald's and there is a lot available to watch on Netflix alone.. They don't stream everything but they do have a lot and I have  lot of streaming type movies/tv shows on my queue and just have trouble watching them on the computer because there are so many other things to do.. I get shows and watch them on my dvd player and have a good selection to watch but to watch things I haven't seen would really be cool..   Anyway I am just in the thinking stages right now.. Just like with Webtv which I checked and looked at seriously getting and then eventually didn't, or dish network satellite tv which I did get.. The cd recorder to transfer records to disc I watched the price go from  a thousand dollars to under three hundred and then bought it..  So this might be a few months or more before we pull the trigger, or I might say no.. There are so many things to chose from.. All those toys in the big boy toy section of the store..

BH

No comments:

Post a Comment