Monday, May 14, 2012

FROM THE MIDFIELD

 With the news of yesterday settled in I tried to make an entry, but it was disjointed at best..  We got Ian in the mid morning so they could sleep a little.. And there was good amount of disappointment by everyone involved.. They were hoping to tell everyone next month via Facebook that they were going to have another baby... I think it was going to be a girl, don't ask me why.. just a feeling I guess.. Like with Tabitha I told mom I bet she has girls.. Ultimately it would have been nice to have one of each boy and girl but, oh well..  I guess as the saying goes as long as they are healthy..

I tried a set of programs this past week, a dvix converter that in the trial mode was supposed to be fairly fast and might have been worth trying to get as a paid program.. It however wasn't very good at all..  A short fifteen day trial could have gotten me hooked on using it all the time, but it kept locking up so last night before I even tried using it for half the trial period, I deleted it.. That might have been premature, I think there were elements that could have been usable even if the main part wasn't working.. I wanted a Divx coder type of program, I can burn those files with another program, as I have been doing..  I have a program that sort of codes the videos to Xvid but for whatever the reason, sometimes Xvid files will play in the dvd player and sometimes they won't.. Divx files will play in my dvd player everytime and of course regular dvd files will play on the dvd player and I have a program that will change the video files to dvd files but it takes something like five to six hours to do.. So I did a disc last night.. I'd rather have dvix because those take fifteen minutes to burn to a dvd..  Guess I shouldn't complain, at least I still get to watch Apprentice  U.K... Nobody else gets to see this version here in America.. It beats Trumps version hands down..

The language changed earlier to English.. It was going to be French for the Canadians, then Spanish, then English but I just decided just to go the easy route and go English for the whole of the north American continent..  Cheers to you...

I got mom a "hail magnet" for mothers day.. I think I've written about hail magnets in a previous entry but in case I haven't here is the gist.. Basically a hail magnet is any lawn ornament that is relatively new or something that you really like to look at and enjoy.. This that I got her this year is a red bird that has a LED light in it.. The likelihood is it will attract a hail storm shortly.. Last weekend we had a nasty storm give out before it got close to us and I told mom it was because the was nothing new to be destroyed..  Check back here at the end of the summer, I bet we lost something by then..

My sense of humor can be off.. Completely odd by anyones standards..  I remember when we were going to Silverton from Moab a few years back and somewhere along the boring trek I sort of laughed after thinking about something funny.. I laughed out loud and everyone thought it was strange that I laughed like that and the truth is I thought everyone heard  it..  And I thought it was strange that no one else got that.. I couldn't tell you now what it was that caught me but it was something off beat no doubt..


I got the rest of the plants planted today.. Actually that isn't true.. I did get some seeds planted including 5 pumpkin plants seeded.. Where I put the seeds I had accidentally watered Thursday night until Friday at noon.. I was testing the irrigation stuff and must have thought I turned it off Thursday evening, but was shocked that it was still watering Friday when me and Ian went to get he mail... Anyway short story long it was plenty wet but not overly. The planter next to the fence was on that circuit and it really got wet as well but it needed it.. there was hardly a hint of the water running Thursday night, I couldn't hear it watering so I just figured I got it shut off..   Anyway the seeds for the pumpkins are in as well as a red variety sunflower.. I want a mammoth variety sunflower as well so I'm gonna try to find some shortly..

So strange to have it be nearing the middle of May and have it feel like spring has lasted for forever.. I've been running around without my coat (such as it is) since March.. Very rarely I would wear anything very heavy like that this year.. When they said six more weeks of winter back on ground hog day I thought I guess we'll see.. Turns out spring sort of came early..  I remember watching the leaves start to come out on the trees and the hedge about the end of March.. Then the lilacs bloomed really early, they are usually a Mothers day event.. This year they were done nearly a month ahead..  The "hell tress" have their flowers out already which are normally out after Memorial day.. The leaves on the black walnut trees are starting early, they usually aren't out completely filled in by Fathers day.. I still say it would be nice if Fall came early as well.. But I bet it won't..
















BH

No comments:

Post a Comment