Monday, March 19, 2012

COMFORTABLY RUNG

So today starts out ominously.. Instead of getting on Facebook and checking my email I check a site called "Fan Nation" because I felt like today is the day Peyton Manning would decide where he would go.. He did decided but hadn't yet at that time.. I scrolled down to find that this site, while it doesn't support RSS feed does have a lot of sites they follow so I opened them all and picked and chose what  I wanted added in my reader.. The idea that I might have enough in there were proven wrong I guess... Why add any more at all??  Don't I think I have enough??  It would seem the answer is no.. The latest to be added were a few from the Christian Science Monitor.. They have about twenty feeds of various things some of which don't update or have been discontinued but I got some to read then delete..  The number of feeds that I have now, I like to think the number isn't at all that huge and in reality it isn't when you figure how many sites there are across the vastness of the internet.. I can't fathom counting them all, but the likelihood is maybe around a thousand..  Conservative number being that.. Likely the number is twice that slightly..  Hard to believe as it might be.. Obsessive??   I guess, but now the choice for any news or sports or whatever content gives me breaking news to the second.. When Peyton Manning decided Denver I knew via reader although it was released via facebook & Twitter simultaneously with RSS.. They are all connected..

I was looking at the lawn, looking at the date, looking at the weather predictions on line and I think spring has sprung.. The trees are budding and the grass is starting to grow.. The weather sucks because we will have crappy weather a month early and will last until August with the heat.. Yippee...

Aurora (FF) browser seems to be doing something different.. I watch the task manager and when I load a fairly good number of tabs it takes off.. The physical memory usage graph moves up into the upper box and that was expected while having all the tabs opened.. But yesterday while I was checking the final RSS feeds I noticed it go from the middle on the graph to the top box again.. I shut the browser down then start it up and it goes from middle of the graph to top gradually and I only have three tabs open.. Not sure if that is Aurora having an issue or what.. I was running Opera Saturday and didn't seem to have this issue..  Aurora updated three times last week, which might be normal with a developers browser, I don't know I've never tried this before..

Brackets time:  The NCAA mens (and womens) basketball tournaments are under way again this year and unlike the past three years I didn't fill out a bracket.. Strangely enough not only did I not fill out a bracket, I didn't watch a single game over the weekend.. I used to be a basketball junkie, I couldn't get enough.. And um but now I don't care and really stopped watching quite a few years ago.. The idea of throwing a ball into the great unknown and having it go through a hole in the universe just stopped appealing to me..

I'm pushing the nephew in the swing last week and I decide to ride a swing next to him and I try to show him how to.. Never mind.. Anyway he says push me higher, I neeeeeed to be pushed higher.. And I say well people in China need.... Something I suppose, maybe a decent diet, can you imagine eating rice for breakfast...  Rice for lunch... Rice for supper... And to throw people off maybe rice for a snack... 


BH

No comments:

Post a Comment