Sunday, March 18, 2012

COMFORTABLY THUMB

I did just get done setting all the sites from bookmark to reader and as I was getting it done I discovered a few things.. One : that I watched as the folders kept getting filled with more sites and I was thinking as they got more and more that maybe this was overkill.. Too many pages, the concise on the reader now replaced as with the homepage with a bloated lot..  Second thing was that I had some doubled up sites, and I could easily have had more except that thankfully Google reader won't allow it.. It can see that a site is being doubled and won't allow it, however some were and the only way I figured it did was through the search engine.. There is a search for RSS for whatever I put into the search and if I already had the RSS from the page and the search engine found it then it did add the second page as a doubling up.. I'm not sure exactly why but there were a few doubles.. Third I figured out how to load the pages to folders without having to drag and drop which saved well over a day maybe even more.. 

Are there too many RSS feeds in my reader??  Well thankfully they don't all account at the same time.. My old surfing habits, or I should say my surfing habit is to open tabs and as they get set I look at them.. From left to right or what I clicked to start through the latest which works great but slows the computer down which isn't good if you use i-Google as the homepage.. i-Google zaps resources BIG TIME especially if you have a lot of gadgets on the page.. I have gradually deleted gadgets as they seem to not be used.. Over a months time if I don't use some of the gadgets they get moved to the bottom of the page and if they remain there and don't get used they are minimized and then if they don't get opened I will open them after I forget what they are and then likely delete them.. I was averaging deleting a gadget a week there for a while.. I am closer now to having my page set with the reader taking a good lot of the load as far as looking at web sites.. What will be deleted first in the reader??  There is a folder called "not updating RSS" which simply put means I added the RSS with the idea that while the RSS hadn't updated for a while, if it took me to the page and it has relevant material then I will keep it to look at.. Some weren't updated since as early as last month while others were late last year or even earlier.. Those sites I will look at then decide if they should be kept or not.. The "STUFF" file is where things that I wasn't sure what to do with are at and am not sure I will keep.. A folder called "political horseshit" is pretty much self explanitory, it has political crap about the current presidential race that mostly is the republican side that isn't very true, or spins things too out of focus.. Sort of like FOX news which is in it's own folder called "FAUX news"  or fake news...

So mom saw the entry on FB of what Bob said about Freda and wondered what that was that she had done.. I downplayed it saying it was more than likely nothing too Earth shattering.. 

Friday I was doing that video of Ian riding his trike and I am thinking all the while I'm shooting of the deja vu instance that the video dad shot of us riding our trikes way back when.. Ian rides right up to me the same as the way we did with dad.. So strange to feel that.  We told him how proud we were of him riding that and pumping himself.. What a guy..

There was a temptation to start the pepper planter yesterday.. The idea was to try to start them yesterday and set them outside during the day then bring them in at night with it being unseasonably warm here.. But I decided that next Saturday I will start the pepper starter kit and then the following Saturday start the salsa kit.. Figuring two plus months on the starter of the peppers before deciding if I will transplant into the earth box or buy from a store.. So I guess the clock is ticking on the garden projects..  This should be an interesting season..

BH

No comments:

Post a Comment