Friday, March 2, 2012

A RETHINK OF SORTS

I wrote my uncle about weather he starts any plants from seed or not and he wrote back that he doesn't and that he prefers the largest plants when buying what he gets, so that might have gone a ways in changing my mind about starting everything from seed this year.. Yesterday I was in the local walmart and went into the garden section with all the intention of buying one of those starter planting deals.. Then when I couldn't find what I was after and getting rather steamed about it, I spent the day and the night thinking about if I could try this again.. I did do it from seed one year and the critters took the plant, peed pot and all.. So as I was going down to take care of the boo today I thought maybe not starting everything from seed but rather doing the salsa garden kit as per the way it is set up.. Then doing the nearly identical thing with the Earth box but instead having the plants be store bought started, and maybe trying three peppers in jalapeno, cayenne and habanero. Then the onions being the lisbon variety, the tomato being roma and also have the cilantro being in there.. Adding the habanero pepper might be overkill as for the heat but I've heard they really don't get their full potential heat wise when grown here, although it can be plenty hot... Another possible replacement could be the Anaheim pepper somewhere in the mix... I think with the Roma has to be in the center and then the peppers being two and two and the onion being in there about the same way.. I'm looking forward to that part of the growing season.. The other plants I haven't decided on yet but it is still a couple months away from needing a final decision..

Added the "Sidney Strip Mine" video to the youtube site as a joke thing.. Want to see how many people call me on it.. "It's not a strip mine!!!".. I know, it's a bit of a joke isn't it...

BH

No comments:

Post a Comment