Thursday, March 8, 2012

JUST MAKE IT QUICK

I had a hangnail the other day and after brushing it across enough things I decided to pull it.. We were at the store and I stopped and pulled it.. It always feels ..  Well you know, and then that stinging feeling hits, and it reminded me of the olden days of yore when we would get finger injuries and, one in particular at the ice skating rink (the creek) and I went home,  went to the docs got it all set, but I remember seeing other kids get finger injuries and instantly start to limp.. That's a pretty nasty finger injury to cause a limp...

Taking care of Ian is tricky at best.. I don't know what I can do or not do as far as any discipline, or if I should even bother.. The only time he shows brat behavior is around me.. Maybe I am sensitive to that.. Like today we go out to get his grandma and we have to wait about a half an hour, and  before we go out after I pick him up he wants to go out there and wait out there and I say no because he is a horrible waiter.. And today I have him at the park and everything is fine and then while I'm pushing him in the swing my wrist pops, and this is something new to me because my wrists are fairly strong or they were.. And so as the twelve o'clock hour approaches I'm all for going out there right at about noon, but today we have to wait.. And he gets rather nasty when he doesn't get what he wants when he wants it.. And I won't argue, I get tired of that shit right quick..  So I told mom to call when she is ready, saving me the hassle of waiting with the waitless...

Tuesday we went to the coffee corner where his mom works, and he gets his usual something, then as we get ready to leave he wants to go through the book store next door and he finds something he really wants and make no bones about it, HE WANTS THAT..  It's a book with a train thing on it and he's a train nut (I was too when I was his age so I kinda get it).. He doesn't take NO very well especially when it comes from his grandma.. I was sure she would cave but she held firm.. It was just his birthday Sunday and the little boy has more toys now than I had before I was in third grade easily..  Yes he is spoiled and yes mom seems to be proud of her work but lucky me I'm the asshole uncle who says no and has to deal with him when he gets rambunctious..  

Fridays are so not looked forward to by me anymore. He will start in his "how we go to grandmas house"  "I need to see my grandma!!"  I try to hold him off until about eleven.. I tried to go an hour early a few weeks ago but it seemed to overwhelm her so I take the abuse for an extra hour.. Fun...

I just wish Lucy would at least offer to pay a little for the gas, I mean yes mom is going down to work anyway but.. And I am no baby sitter and the older he is getting the more he needs a baby sitter.. I thought it would be the opposite..  Just a short four months ago this was easy, now it is getting harder to do.. 


A couple weeks ago after I picked up Ian from preschool I noticed something I have never noticed before.. I don't know if it was because I was tired or what but I turned to take him home and there's a wood fence on the north side of the street and I turned to talk to the little guy and noticed something odd.. I could see through the fence..  Not like ex-ray vision but rather that strobe effect where the spaces in the fence go by at a certain rate and you don't look at the fence but rather look beyond it..  I had never done this before..  So wild to see peoples back yard and dead bodies.. Er not dead bodies, that was a joke..  Seriously..  Just a joke..

BH

No comments:

Post a Comment